Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Should Warframe Get Dedicate Servers

svejdaErased

title says it all, so here goes:

1) listen servers suck a lot of donkey c*ck, everybody knows that and history has already buried whole lot of games that relied solely on this worthless piece of technological junk. it would be shame if the same happeneed to awesome concept of a game like this is

2) half of the connection attempts fail due to one reason or another, see definition of listen servers in 1)

3) hosting drains perfmance and power of one's rig like nothing else

3a) in case of bad host, the game becomes unplayble for everyone resulting in justified bashing

3b) in case of not-entirely-awesome host, the game becomes nearly unplayble for himself resulting quite often in ragequit

4) listen server suck a lot of donkey c*ck.

now I'm perfectly willing to pay for this game, I'm absolutely loving all its features and have became addicted to it in matter of hours. also, I understand we're still running only a mere beta, so a lot could still change (and beside this, performance on slower rigs SHOULD be one of those). but in its current state, I'm more willing to undergo a detox and try to forget this game, than risk getting berserk everytime I want to relax by killing couple of corpus mechs

I wonder if the business model would work, that you could essentially buy yourself a dedicated server. So if your PC sucks for hosting sucks, you could buy to have the server hosted by DE.

Suppose it wouldn't be a good solution, since usually the people who have slower PCs that can't handle hosting, are the people who have no money to put down.

I think that there should be some sort of regional settings for the players in the game, I get tired of connecting to people with terrible connections and lagging all over the place.

There already is. But if the only person hosting in your reagion has s***ty internet, you're gonna get put with him, and you'll get lag.

Not yet, just:

1. A way to vote to force host-migration!

2. A way to see ping/performance for each player.

3. A way to blacklist a laggy user so that my client will never again join a game hosted by them.

See if those clear up the problem first.

Edited by HvcTerr

Another feature i'd like to see is dedicated server software with account linking so you could use a seperate pc in your house to host. I got a rig on the side set up just for use as a server and it'd be great for Peer to Peer if i could opt to throw the load on another system.

Example: If i have the game running on my primary pc and the server software running on my secondary pc (server box), upon queueing for the match my group and i would be routed to it. This way the pc running the server software could take the load. because forcing the users pc to handle the game client, ai, etc even a Core i7 2600k 3.4ghz OC'ed to 4.5.ghz simply causes the host to suffer from a cpu bottleneck. Running a lite version (basic dedicated server software) would probably remedy this.

Edited by Carper