Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Double Tap Jump For Dodge Rolls Instead Of Double Tap Sprint.

CosyPigeon

Can we please have this changed, or at least made an option, I find double tapping sprint to perform a dodge dodge really awkward, especialy considering how much more I use the sprint key whilst playing, it can often result in me accidentally rolling when I don't intend to, and it makes it almost impossible to smoothly transition from sprinting into a dodge roll. Most other thrid person action games have the dodge bound to double tap jump rather than sprint, and for good reason, it works better.

Seems fine to me. I don't really know what else to say. Thinking about it, having space as roll sounds awkward but maybe that's because I'm used to shift.

I used to play mass effect 3 coop and gears of war and unreal tournamnet. All of those games had a dodge mechanic tied to doubel tapping space (jump), which is what I'm used to, I'm biased as hell towards this setup, and I suspect people who played those games previously would be too. If not a change, I'd really like it as an option.

You hold Shift to sprint o_O you tap shift once to roll

This mihgt explain why I have trouble with the mechanic, that being said, I'd still rather double tap space (Jump) for dodge roll rather than single tap shift (sprint) for dodge roll. Reasons include it being difficult to maintain moment form sprinting when transitioning into a dodge roll since you have to let go of sprint before you can press it again to dodge, and I don't like it when I dodge unintentionally because I tapped shift once because I wanted to sprint a short distance\do a fly kick\ do a slide.

I'd rather it be an option for either rather. Sometimes my jump is acting $&*&*#(%& on a downhill slope and i need to just mash it for it to work properly, and I'd rather not just derproll forward.

Hopefully they'd fix the controls being unresponsive sometimes as well as making it an option. Although I have noticed this problem aswell.

I can certainly say part of the solution is stop double-tapping. It's single tap versus holding. Even in Mass Effect 3 it's single tap to roll/dodge/etc. and hold to sprint. I don't know any game that puts dodge on the jump button. Putting it on jump would be awful and completely foul up trying to do a quick jumping attack. Besides, it's not hard to confirm you've started to sprint before sliding.

Certainly the game needs a lot more work still on motion. Responsiveness leaves a lot to be desired and likely doesn't fudge things enough. Too often jumps, dodges, and sprints just don't happen.

I can certainly say part of the solution is stop double-tapping. It's single tap versus holding. Even in Mass Effect 3 it's single tap to roll/dodge/etc. and hold to sprint. I don't know any game that puts dodge on the jump button. Putting it on jump would be awful and completely foul up trying to do a quick jumping attack. Besides, it's not hard to confirm you've started to sprint before sliding.

Certainly the game needs a lot more work still on motion. Responsiveness leaves a lot to be desired and likely doesn't fudge things enough. Too often jumps, dodges, and sprints just don't happen.

+1 Stop double tap and hit shift once lol

Will have to give this a try and see if it helps.