Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slight Annoyance With Ancient Knockbacks

Kindar

I like to solo infested missions (even if I am scared for my life half the time.) The knockback from the Ancients is slightly weird. If I get hit in the back while running out of melee range, I get knocked BACKWARDS, rather than forwards. So I end up being in their melee hitbox longer. This is especially annoying on Toxic Ancients, where I usually get knocked back into their toxic cloud. I would love for this to be fixed, and you to fly in the direction opposite you get hit when you are knocked down.

i think bigger issue with infected is all stagger and stuns.... EVERY single infected can stun, stagger,knockdown, or knock you back... once you get surrounded you end up dead... i really hate the idea that i cant do anything because i have no control over my frame =\

Don't get surrounded? Is not like the game drops 40 infested on your head out of sudden. Learn your surroundings, know where you would have an advantage (not speaking about jumping on a box and shooting them safe).

The game sound systems give you plenty of warning from which direction they are coming (and you have the visuals as well). Never stop dead in your tracks and start shooting allowing them to surround you. That's their only tactics to overwhelm helpless adventurers and slaughter them. They don't take cover, don't have special dangerous skills which you can't prevent etc.

I love infested missions solo, because always keeps me on my toes. Is not like grineer where 10 of their guys stay on a bridge far away in cover while I stay behind a door corner, and we take shots at eachother.

However to be more helpful, here's a tip: if you get a bunch of infested about to chew you up, jump and slash couple times (it knocks them down, every single one of them) and possible killing weaker ones. But you have to do it in anticipation of them getting in range, not when they are already chewing your bum :) Then you have couple seconds to legg it, or decide how to dispose of them.