The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ideas To Improve Some Warframes (Ash, Banshee...) And To Get Rid Of The Godmode

DeadScream

First part : Synergize some powers

current warframes in this section : Banshee, Ash, Valkyr

Banshee

It has been told many times. Sonar should reveal the actual weakspot of the targets, and increase the damage dealt to this weak spot. It would allow it to be useful against bosses. 

Also, in my mind, activating the sonar should grant a slight damage bonus on Banshee's other abilities. 

Ash

Using bladestorm while invisible should apply the stealth damage bonus, making Ash really reliant for longer waves or survivals. 

Also, aiming while using shuriken should focus the two shots on the aimed enemy, allowing better damage output on this target. 

Finally, Teleport could allow to teleport anywhere, and not only on enemies/players. Everyone many people say that ! 

(I don't find it necessary but let's discuss it !)

Valkyr

Under Hysteria, other power's energy costs could be lowered, or even removed for Rip Line. 

------

I'll work on other warframes if I the community follows me on these ideas. I'm absolutely open to any criticism. 

Part II : Get rid of "Godmode"

Rhino is okay because Iron Skin has a damage cap. The problems are Valkyr and Trinity. 

For both of them, the invulnerability should be replaced by a strong damage reduction. 

Valkyr

As her Hysteria allows her to regen her health, the invulnerability is kind of OP. 

I'm aware Valkyr needs some love before she gets nerfed. But when her ultimate will be really a damaging thing, we can imagine the invulnerability could be replaced by something like a 80% damage input reduction, and Valkyr would remain invulnerable during the cast animation. 

Trinity

Playing as Kayle on League of Legends, I realized a 2sec invulnerability is well enough. 

I really think Blessing should give only a 2sec invul (not affected by power duration mods), and then a 30% damage reduction (affected by power strenght mods) and increased shield regeneration for the current duration. 

It would get rid of the "Link + Blessing + PentaorOgrisoranythingselfharming" exploit. 

As said in the first part, everything in this thread is open to criticism, so give any ideas, even about how DE could increase the self synergy of frames I didn't mention. 

Cheers ! 

Edited by DeadScream

The Sonar change is a good one, consistent targets would help a lot, but what would it do to Corpus though since technically their weak spot is protected by the helmet first? Would it still apply the bonus to the helmet, or would that have to be shot off/punch throughed first before Sonar would take effect?

Valkyr already got a hefty nerf for no reason: Hysteria lost over 50% of it's damage after U13 and didn't get anything back, while you can channel during, however, it's far inferior to Ash's Smoke Screen and Loki's Invisibility because, after some testing, the ability does not receive multipliers from Steel Charge and the ability itself aswell as the base dmg (with pressure point and spoiled strike, only scalling from crit chance and crit multiplier, is however affected by melee combo metter but it's too much work) of the weapon. Besides, how the hell did everyone make a 180 with Valkyr as she was considered, even after U12 the main change for her, useless and terrible and suddenly op matterial worthy ? You have to bust your &#!(sorry for language) to make her effective as she has no press *insert number here* button to win. And she already has a 89% damage reduction by using max steel fiber and max power strength warcry.

Edited by CTanGod

I like the Banshee change

I like the first two Ash changes.

I disagree with free-aim teleport, it is an unnecessary change as teleport works perfectly fine as is.

I agree with the Valkyr and Trinity changes as well. I played a EV build Trinity yesterday and found the incredibly short lasting Blessing worked just nicely (it obviously wasn't as good as long lasting invulnerability, but it worked).

Valkyr already got a hefty nerf for no reason: Hysteria lost over 50% of it's damage after U13 and didn't get anything back, while you can channel during, however, it's far inferior to Ash's Smoke Screen and Loki's Invisibility because, after some testing, the ability does not receive multipliers from Steel Charge and the ability itself aswell as the base dmg (with pressure point and spoiled strike, only scalling from crit chance and crit multiplier, is however affected by melee combo metter but it's too much work) of the weapon. Besides, how the hell did everyone make a 180 with Valkyr as she was considered, even after U12 the main change for her, useless and terrible and suddenly op matterial worthy ? You have to bust your &#!(sorry for language) to make her effective as she has no press *insert number here* button to win. And she already has a 89% damage reduction by using max steel fiber and max power strength warcry.

That's why I said she needs some love before any nerf. But as a Valkyr lover, I'm pretty sure she will become awesome when she will be adapted to melee 2.0.  

I disagree with free-aim teleport, it is an unnecessary change as teleport works perfectly fine as is.

I would love it since lots of bugs get us stuck into walls... It would actually help a lot, and give Ash a mobility skill ^^' 

Still thanks for your opinion, and your agreement on my other ideas :) 

Its funny how people always complain about the "godmode" frames but Trinity and Valkyr both remain to be the most OP frames that are never used.

They are never used because it's boring to be invulnerable, IMHO. 

I'm just giving ideas to make the gameplay a better experience. 

Also, people complaining about the game being too easy are often helped by Trinities. 

That's why I said she needs some love before any nerf. But as a Valkyr lover, I'm pretty sure she will become awesome when she will be adapted to melee 2.0.  

I would love it since lots of bugs get us stuck into walls... It would actually help a lot, and give Ash a mobility skill ^^' 

Still thanks for your opinion, and your agreement on my other ideas :) 

Most instances (that I've encountered) of getting stuck in walls can be fixed by melee'ing (or rolling in some cases).

Teleport is already a mobility skill.

Most instances (that I've encountered) of getting stuck in walls can be fixed by melee'ing (or rolling in some cases).

Teleport is already a mobility skill.

Never tried it :o 

And for teleport, yes it is. But it would give more opportunities to the player if it didn't need a target to be used, don't you think ? :(

Currently, Ash is considered one of the worst warframes, so making him able to do more things could be cool in my opinion...

They are never used because it's boring to be invulnerable, IMHO. 

I'm just giving ideas to make the gameplay a better experience. 

Also, people complaining about the game being too easy are often helped by Trinities. 

I agree there needs to be changes but lets face it when it gets to the point in the game were you may need a trinity 2 seconds of invulnerability is no better than no invulnerability. 

They are not used because they are boring for different reasons than you suggested, they lack offence in almost every sense of the word, the price you pay for there powers is quite steep so much so that they are not used often.

All in all there does need to be change, what exactly that changes is not for me to say.

Never tried it :o 

And for teleport, yes it is. But it would give more opportunities to the player if it didn't need a target to be used, don't you think ? :(

Currently, Ash is considered one of the worst warframes, so making him able to do more things could be cool in my opinion...

Don't know, making it free-aim would add some issues (getting stuck in walls and crevasses), and would most likely not be as useful as wormhole as wormhole does not require a target. 

So it would be another invisibility v. smoke screen situation.

I'd rather just avoid that and keep it as is. It works, and that's what matters to me.

I agree there needs to be changes but lets face it when it gets to the point in the game were you may need a trinity 2 seconds of invulnerability is no better than no invulnerability. 

They are not used because they are boring for different reasons than you suggested, they lack offence in almost every sense of the word, the price you pay for there powers is quite steep so much so that they are not used often.

All in all there does need to be change, what exactly that changes is not for me to say.

I kind of agree with you. But 2 sec and then a damage reduction + shield regen is something decent. 

There's a giant hole between fighting Lephantis with a Trin and fighting it without a Trin. 

I'm trying to fill this hole without making Trinity "useless". 

Don't know, making it free-aim would add some issues (getting stuck in walls and crevasses), and would most likely not be as useful as wormhole as wormhole does not require a target. 

So it would be another invisibility v. smoke screen situation.

I'd rather just avoid that and keep it as is. It works, and that's what matters to me.

Actually I like it as it is, but I've read many people asking for it so I decided to put it into my thread ^^ 

But it seems OK to me.

Actually I like it as it is, but I've read many people asking for it so I decided to put it into my thread ^^ 

But it seems OK to me.

I won't lie, it is definitely a popular suggestion. It comes up in almost every Ash change thread. I've had many long arguments about whether or not the change is necessary. I even went so far as to upload a bit of gameplay while using it to prove all it required was for you to be within range, and have good accuracy.

I won't lie, it is definitely a popular suggestion. It comes up in almost every Ash change thread. I've had many long arguments about whether or not the change is necessary. I even went so far as to upload a bit of gameplay while using it to prove all it required was for you to be within range, and have good accuracy.

Hehe, I thought you went far enough to kill them all. 

(editing the main post to clarify my position on this suggestion ^^)

Hehe, I thought you went far enough to kill them all. 

(editing the main post to clarify my position on this suggestion ^^)

The suggestion will continue to exist unless DE implements the suggested change. And I'll be here to take advantage of the change while other frames are left relying on Nova for a similar experience. 

The suggestion will continue to exist unless DE implements the suggested change. And I'll be here to take advantage of the change while other frames are left relying on Nova for a similar experience. 

I think it would still need a shorter range than worm hole if it had to be free-aiming. 

(edited the main post with Valkyr under the synergy section. In my mind she could have lowered energy cost on her other abilities when under Hysteria mode)

Edited by DeadScream

Two things:

1. How are Hysteria and Blessing 'godmode'? God Mode is an old cheat for permanant invincibiltiy in video games, whereas Hysteria and Blessing are temporary.

2. With that out of the way, I'll now address your suggestions:

Banshee: Agreed. In fact, since the bosses with specific 'weak points', like Lephantis and Ruk, have their health split between several points, the damage multiplier won't even be overpowered.

Ash: Agreed. I don't see any reason that Bladestorm SHOULDN'T apply stealth damage bonuses.

Valkyr: Free Ripline would probably solve Valkyr's "how do I kill flying things while flipping out?" problem. ...Though I'm not sure that discounting powers while under the effect of other powers is within the capabilities of the engine.

Hysteria: Honestly, with Melee 2.0 out, I think that it's more than reasonable to take away Hysteria's invincibility, in favor of unlimited stamina and the ability to block during Hysteria. Now, wouldn't that be awesome? Flipping out, knocking bullets out of the air with her claws, and charging in and cutting people to ribbons. 

Blessing: I don't think Blessing's duration is really a problem, unless you deliberately cheese it by using energy regen auras and/or crazy, corrupted mod-enabled, duration boosting. Still, that strategy IS degenerate and DOES need a nerf. I suggest either making Blessing get less benefit from Duration mods (without changing the base duration) or making it impossible for Trinity to regain energy (except maybe from Orbs) during Blessing. 

That's why they are "godmode", they are used for perma-invulnerability and it ruins the difficulty of the game ^^' 

Your idea seem okay. 

For banshee, I meant reducing the damage multiplier for the general ability, because it already multiplies damage when we hit the weakspot so it would probably become kinda OP if it stayed like this.

That's why they are "godmode", they are used for perma-invulnerability and it ruins the difficulty of the game ^^' 

Your idea seem okay. 

For banshee, I meant reducing the damage multiplier for the general ability, because it already multiplies damage when we hit the weakspot so it would probably become kinda OP if it stayed like this.

Ok, that's still not 'god mode' (TWO WORDS! TWO!). That's 'bad game balancing' or 'poor mod design' (corrupted mods are a major source of this problem, from what I understand), or 'a consequence of a bad energy system'. 'God mode' implies that it was deliberatly designed that way. 

...PLUS it puts you in the camp with the players who whine about how every single defensive ability ever is 'god mode', and you don't want to be in teh same camp as those guys. 

Ok, that's still not 'god mode' (TWO WORDS! TWO!). That's 'bad game balancing' or 'poor mod design' (corrupted mods are a major source of this problem, from what I understand), or 'a consequence of a bad energy system'. 'God mode' implies that it was deliberatly designed that way. 

...PLUS it puts you in the camp with the players who whine about how every single defensive ability ever is 'god mode', and you don't want to be in teh same camp as those guys. 

Heh, God Mode okay, two words. My bad x__x 

I think blessing is the only OP defensive ability in the game, so I guess I don't want to camp with them.