The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fresh Blood - Ello

PersonalRiot

Hello Warframe Community : D

To introduce myself I am a long time gamer who had an itching to get back into some form of cooperative multi-player game after spending hundreds of hours between Dota 2 and Counter Strike (great games but in need of a rest). I briefly remembered my few days bout in the ME3 coop mode fondly and went on search if any other game had similar gameplay/modes. Lo and behold, I came across Warframe while at work yesterday and eagerly scoured with wiki for tips/tricks/and ideas for how to proceed when I finally got home. 

Limited to a laptop (was at my SO's condo) for the first play-through didn't quell my desire to test out the game as soon as possible. I quickly booted up the game the moment I was free and proceed to make it 1 minute and then 4 minutes into the tutorial before crashing. Growing frustrated (who wouldn't I was eager to play!) I remembered to modify my settings (heard of issues while browsing) turning off 64 bit/DX11 and lowering the graphics. Ran the game in windows mode with the temp monitor in the background making sure there weren't going to be any further issues. 

Proceeded to finish the tutorial without a hitch and then the game consumed the rest of my evening in a blink of an eye. I haven't had that much fun in awhile which was team focused and I am even more excited to progress into areas that are more team focused (rushing at the lower level was dreadfully easy and mobs were sparse on most mission). Cleared all of Neptune before I had to pull myself away to make dinner. 

So very excited to get the chance on Monday to get back on with my main rig at home (and crank out the settings). My starter Warframe was Loki has been infinitely amusing and it only looks to get better as time goes on. Following discussions on rails/builds/and different opinions on the forums have been the highlight of my off time at work today. Wish I had gotten into the game sooner as it seems I have missed out on the growing community and releases but I am very glad to be here now (and hopefully for a long time if I can find a nice clan).

Highlight of my first session was holding 15 waves with 3 random other players on the first defense mission. The lack of skills that we had access to really limited us and we were forced us to go into melee several times while others burned through ammo from afar. It was a blast for everyone involved and traded "ggs" at the end (plus lots of loot!).

Might sneak on tonight for the login bonus and to start producing my next melee weapon. Looking forward to seeing everyone around in the future! 

Edited by PersonalRiot

welcome to the game. :D if you need help with anything pm me, since i'm usually on and can pretty much handle anything. :3 although i might make you wait a min for a game to finish. It's always nice seeing new players on the forums.\

edit: embarrassing spelling mistake

Edited by cladin