Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyrm Laser Riffle - Question

Davey

Question

12 answers to this question

It works a regular pistol, basically. Only as far as I've seen neither the Shade or Wyrm have any real benefit from Damage mods (they both do so little damage anyway), reload speed, magazine size, Crit chance is trash for everything right now and you can't even tell if they crit in the first place.. basically anything related to dealing damage has little to no benefit. However, you can outfit your Sentinel to have status effects on it so it's more useful (Freeze for slowing, Elec/Fire for stagger chances, stun for stuns, fire rate to speed that along, and uh. Kind of not much else. I guess you could buff up your Sentinel with MS and Damage so it can kill Lv5 enemies though?

Preeetty much. Just slap on unupgraded elementals, a decent Fire Rate mod, a stun, and you're good to go. You're not outfitting your Sentinel for damage because they both have really poor base damage (and as we all know the mods work off of base damage) but just for the status effects to help you out.

I did, just for the giggles and poops. It couldn't kill a Lv10 Grineer before it's shields ran out (125% Capacity. Yeesh) and took it down to maybe half or a little below that. The mods I used were: Multishot 100%, +Damage 120%, Freeze damage 50%, and AP 20%.

For the record, this might be different because I have a Shade, not a Wyrm. The base damage may be different between the two but the weapon functions are the same; Corpus lasers.

I did, just for the giggles and poops. It couldn't kill a Lv10 Grineer before it's shields ran out (125% Capacity. Yeesh) and took it down to maybe half or a little below that. The mods I used were: Multishot 100%, +Damage 120%, Freeze damage 50%, and AP 20%.

For the record, this might be different because I have a Shade, not a Wyrm. The base damage may be different between the two but the weapon functions are the same; Corpus lasers.

Ok, I'll try modding it with elementals than. By my calculations I would need 34 mod points. I don't really want to supercharge the wyrm's rifle right now, so I have to make a decision, between leveling fire rate or stun. What do you think? Should I level Fire rate to the max or stun?

The mods would be Electric, Fire, Ice (all base) + stun + fire rate.

I'm asking this because I never used Thunderclap (the stun) so I don't know if it's good or not.

hey guys, just hijacking the thread for a question of my own about the sentinels.

Do we know why the "Warrior" mod for sentinels can be fusioned? Would leveling up "Warrior" make the lil' guys more useful in combat maybe?

I only ask because it does have notches down the side of it and I've upgraded a warrior card twice to try and verifiy, but I can't say I've noticed a difference, maybe it's not implemented yet?

The other ones seem quite straigh forward, "Guardian" seems to recover more shields every upgrade, "Regen" seems to offer more revives for the sentinel. And lastly "Radial Stun" should increase damage or stun stats, but I haven't been able to notice an increase in that one.

Any light that could be shed on those would be great! :)

Greg.

Ok, I'll try modding it with elementals than. By my calculations I would need 34 mod points. I don't really want to supercharge the wyrm's rifle right now, so I have to make a decision, between leveling fire rate or stun. What do you think? Should I level Fire rate to the max or stun?

The mods would be Electric, Fire, Ice (all base) + stun + fire rate.

I'm asking this because I never used Thunderclap (the stun) so I don't know if it's good or not.

You shouldn't supercharge it anyway, definitely not worth the Catalyst/20 plat. All the mod suggestions I've said is simply just to.. try to make your Sentinel a little more useful than what it really is (a meatshield, is what it boils down to).

Get the stun to the highest you can or whatever seems high enough for you (like when it's too expensive to upgrade, for example) and dump the rest of the energy space into Fire Rate. Fire Rate really isn't all that important, TBH. Main point is that your Wyrm will now have the chance (or rather, multiple chances with the stacked up effects) to buy you some time with any assailing enemies.

@Greg Caligo is right; Warrior increases the reach that the Wyrm will start attacking things, but it also increases the damage too. How much? Iuno. Is it noticeable? Iuno. Is it worthwhile to upgrade for the damage itself? lolno

Guardian will recover your shields as so: Rank 0 50%, Rank 1 60%, so on so forth to up Rank 5 (max) at 100%. Regen doesn't seem to work properly at all right now, unless it has to be maxed and then and only then your Sentinel will RISE FROM THE DEAD once. I don't know, hosting, soloing, all of that, my Sentinel refuses to revive and I don't want to waste the time on an iffy skill to upgrade it to max and find out. Radial Stun on upgrade will increase the range of effectiveness (AoE, minimum range to activate, stun rate(?)). Not really worth upgrading, as from what I've seen it only really shines when you're trying to revive a buddy and your Wyrm will take some fire off some nearby dude shooting at you. Along those lines.

sweet cheers for the replies chaps! Very useful info!

I do like the sentinels, even as they stand, I can see where they are going with them, they will definitely get more and more useful as they updates come in. For now, I'm happy with my lil' guy acting as an enemy debuffer, although I'm not sure if I'm keen on pumping Rate of Fire too much. Since taking forum advice on that one I've noticed that he's generating alot more threat than before. Maybe I just need to work on my own damage! :P