The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call Of The Faithful [Ooc]

Sumika1204

Okay guys, I need some help. I've never written a character like Damin before, and I'm starting to feel like I'm hitting a wall. Could you guys give me some feedback and some advice on what to do with him? I don't want him to turn out to be a bland character...

Is he sadistic, or a pure sociopath, interested in bringing death but not pain?

Okay guys, I need some help. I've never written a character like Damin before, and I'm starting to feel like I'm hitting a wall. Could you guys give me some feedback and some advice on what to do with him? I don't want him to turn out to be a bland character...

What kind of wall do you feel like you are hitting? Personality, skill-set?

Is he sadistic, or a pure sociopath, interested in bringing death but not pain?

I don't think that Damin is sadistic, but definitely a sociopath. Generally he's more interested in death then in pain, but sometimes there are exceptions. What I really want to create is a character that, like Cardina, is almost an anti-hero, but having just enough redeeming qualities to be somewhat like able. I want him to be that villain character that everyone ends up liking in the end.

I don't think that Damin is sadistic, but definitely a sociopath. Generally he's more interested in death then in pain, but sometimes there are exceptions. What I really want to create is a character that, like Cardina, is almost an anti-hero, but having just enough redeeming qualities to be somewhat like able. I want him to be that villain character that everyone ends up liking in the end.

I would go with making it so that he does the right thing but in his own way, sort of like a vigilante I guess would be the appropriate term. Like if he was ordered to rescue hostages while causing as few casualties as possible he would rescue the hostages but not care how many people he killed along the way.

Just got back from work...and I just had to read through about 4 or 5 pages of posts in call of the faithful alone...I have no idea what's going on in this RP anymore.

Have the Corpus attacked already? Why is there a hostile harvester roaming about? What's going on?!

Edited by Lady_Viper

Just got back from work...and I just had to read through about 4 or 5 pages of posts in call of the faithful alone...I have no idea what's going on in this RP anymore.

Have the Corpus attacked already? Why is there a hostile harvester roaming about? What's going on?!

Yes. Yes they are

The harvesters were sent aboard through the vacuum, the Corpus ships aren't attacking quite yet, the Generator room was overloaded so the lights are out.

Yes. Yes they are

The harvesters were sent aboard through the vacuum, the Corpus ships aren't attacking quite yet, the Generator room was overloaded so the lights are out.

In other words you didn't give a S#&$ about slowing down with the posts.

In other words you didn't give a S#&$ about slowing down with the posts.

I haven't posted anything, and have been asking people to slow down more than once. Even Sumaki asked multiple times to not explode the posts cause you had been getting shoved out of your talk with the 'divinities'.

Edited by Astralin

I haven't posted anything, and have been asking people to slow down more than once. Even Sumaki asked multiple times to not explode the posts cause you had been getting shoved out of your talk with the 'divinities'.

I just woke up, and had Attakai save Samantha.

*sigh* I know, but I can only count people like you on one hand, and I don't even need to use all the fingers.

*sigh* I know, but I can only count people like you on one hand, and I don't even need to use all the fingers.

Well if it makes you feel any better we halted Ghosts of Themisto, so that you can participate :D

All I did was just say that Aran and Gandraya have taken out 3 harvesters at once and are patrolling the area in their gunship waiting for the corpus ships to arrive. Just to be clear a Hunter-class gunship Is capable of destroying corpus ships, not very quickly but still.

All I did was just say that Aran and Gandraya have taken out 3 harvesters at once and are patrolling the area in their gunship waiting for the corpus ships to arrive. Just to be clear a Hunter-class gunship Is capable of destroying corpus ships, not very quickly but still.

Probably couldn't take a hit, though... this requires a plan...

My latest post is in the middle of page 66...there are now 73 pages. You guys have proceeded so far ahead that I don't know where my characters fit in anymore. Even though you people said you would slow down on the posting so that I would at least have time to finish up my conversation.

Now...can you see why I'm not very happy with the community as a whole at the moment?

My latest post is in the middle of page 66...there are now 73 pages. You guys have proceeded so far ahead that I don't know where my characters fit in anymore. Even though you people said you would slow down on the posting so that I would at least have time to finish up my conversation.

Now...can you see why I'm not very happy with the community as a whole at the moment?

Well I've asked multiple times and so has Astralin but nobody is listening. If I had the power to do so, I would lock the thread every now and then to keep people from doing these posting storms when people are away and thus can't respond.

I did leave Mortos and Gaia in the cafeteria so they can finish that conversation with Munin if you like. Maybe we can just have it so they got to talk and at the end of the conversation, we add that was when the power cut off. Or would the going backwards in time be confusing?

Edited by Sumika1204

Umm when (if there are going to be any) do the corpus ships arrive, as all i'm aware of now is all the harvesters a few elite crewman and the traitor, who i think is a volt.

just read Sumika's post again, they got here via worm hole thing.

Edited by Issun135

Rien had followed the Volt and his Corpus cronies. Their ability to board ships using portals was an annoying feature. All they had to do was lock coordinates and they could just walk right in through a wormhole of sorts. As the Volt backed into Cardina's room, Rien used Radial Disarm on the Volt and his Corpus allies to force them into using nothing but Provas. Where their weapons disappeared off to would be a mystery.

He exited his invisibility behind the Volt, plunging his Dark Dagger into the traitor's back. The Volt's armour was like paper to just about any incoming attacks, making the strike even easier to accomplish.

Sumika, may want to edit this, to take into account what Cardina did.

Edited by SnaleKing