Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Nova Topic

Azawarau

I dont think he was mad but he did think my build was bad

Its not the best thing ever but

The 2x dmg is really useful

and slowing down the enemy makes aiming at weak points much easier i think

I havnt tried antimatter yet

It doesnt seem like something id like but ill throw it on a build and see where it goes

Yes, the 2x damage is very useful. That is one reason why Nova is highly desirable for all high-level content. But slowing enemies two rooms away when you need to kill them quickly is a liability. You still want MP, you just don't want it to be hitting enemies too far away, which is what Overextended will do.

As for AMD, that's a must for high-level stuff. I'm no good with it myself, which is why I let others run Nova for that. AMD, along with Nyx's abilities is the only way players have to actually kill enemies at really high levels. They're the only ones that can scale damage based off the enemies. Most weapons become completely ineffective by around enemy level 50-60, though a few like the Ogris might work up until 150-ish, but no weapon is worth squat at say level 1,000.

It doesnt seem like something id like but ill throw it on a build and see where it goes

Anti-Matter Drop is Nova's best skill IMO.

The damage potential is huge, especially in an Efficiency build.

AMD isn't really affected by any mods either - Range and Duration do nothing and Power only affects the 100 base damage and 10 contact damage, the 400% scaling isn't changed.

This means that a maxxed Efficiency build can throw them out for 12.5 energy each - Then with a bit of shooting you can do insane amounts of damage.

The cost can also allow for the hilarity of infinite damage amplification - You can have multiple AMD's out at once and the damage from one exploding buffs up the damage the next one does (With a factor of 4x amplification, you can see how ridiculous it can get very quickly)

Heck, just hitting a few times with a good weapon (Paris Prime is popular) and hitting a Primed target can easily reach millions of damage.

-snip-

it like a movable absorb but it cant absorb another antimatter drop damage but it absorbs yours and your teams gun fire which make it amazing