Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jwarframe - 1.2.1 (Alert And Invasion Notifier For Windows/linux/mac)

GoldenGnu

@Bukethead

It's already on the ToDo list.

Good to hear. I have one more piece of feedback.

jWarframe has a tendency, through coincidence, to alert me of new alerts or new invasions while I'm playing Warframe.

Often times it will make my screen black out for a second and sometimes minimize until I click on the alert pop up (I have it set to repeatedly play the alert sound just in case I walk away from my PC).

Is there any chance you could add in a feature that detects when the Warframe exe is running, and if it's minimized, to sound an alert?

That way when I'm playing, it will avoid Warframe potentially crashing while in a mission.

Often times I'll leave the game running and have it minimized, but if it's maximized, I'm usually actively playing a mission.

Edited by Bukethead

@Bukethead

I have added your suggestion to the ToDo list. I like the idea, as it would be very useful.

However, I do not have a lot of time to work on jWarframe ATM. but, doing the winter (on the northern hemisphere), I will have more time inside to work in jWarframe.

EDIT:

I did some research, It may be possible to have jWarframe detect when warframe is running, but, it doesn't look like it easy to detect if a program is maximized or minimized. I suggest you disable "Show Popup", as that is what takes the focus from warframe.

Edited by GoldenGnu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've got a bit more feedback. I recently downloaded a bunch of notification sounds for use with jWarframe, but I'm finding it difficult to keep track of which sound I'm using for which notification.

I could use something like a notepad and write down which file name goes with which notification, but I wonder if you could show the file name of the custom sound being used, next to the play button for each notification.

Edited by Bukethead

@Bukethead

I can see how that would be useful. However, jWarframe actually copy and rename the sound file once you add it (to safe guard against the original file being moved or deleted). So, I would need to save the filenames in a settings file. Added to the ToDo list.

Thank you for your feature suggestion :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Alluka

I will add in next data patch - I need an image of alertium (any help would be much appreciated - It's not on the wiki) and fix the problem with R5 Fusion Cores

However, you will be notified of all rewards not included in the data set (unless you ignored it via the checkbox).

So, no worries, it's all good :)

@Alluka

I will add in next data patch - I need an image of alertium (any help would be much appreciated - It's not on the wiki) and fix the problem with R5 Fusion Cores

However, you will be notified of all rewards not included in the data set (unless you ignored it via the checkbox).

So, no worries, it's all good :)

Nitain Extract, not "alertium".

Pic for you:

DENitainExtract.png

Edited by VectorWolf

@VectorWolf

I have send a message to Deathmax, asking him to update his API with the new name.

As soon as it's fixed in the API, I will update jWarframe as well...

Thank you for notifying me of the data changes, it helps everyone who use jWarframe o7

EDIT:

I will come back and play warframe at some point - I always come back, because, warframe is awesome :D

Edited by GoldenGnu

• 2 weeks later...

@VectorWolf

I have had been AFK all day, I will look into it, if it happen again :)

EDIT:

It think I have fixed it now. But, ofc. the helmet alert was gone, when I finished editing the data files, so, It's untested. Please, let me know if you spot any errors. As always; Thank you for the bug report and feedback :)

Edited by GoldenGnu

In regards to what the others are saying, I believe the helmet filter isn't working because DE may have changed something about the alerts, and since Deathsnacks isn't actively updating his data-mining process, it's becoming more deprecated as time goes on.

The helmets are now showing up as Unknown rather than Helmets.

I think it may be time to fork from his project if possible, and develop it independently.

I don't know if you can adapt jWarframe to work with the alert RSS feed, but if you can, that would probably be a work around.