Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Is Equipped Melee Broken For Controllers?

Cynick

In a very literal sense... since the latest hotfix which added the ability to bind quick melee and "melee attack" to different buttons. 

Problem is, there is no binding option for "melee attack" in the controller menu, while there is one in the regular controls menu. At first I thought they must have left it out intentionally which was disappointing but I then realised that if you equip your melee weapon (while using a controller, obviously) you actually can't attack at all currently, only block or channel.

Am I missing something here?

How did I know that would be the first comment :P

I happen to be quite proficient with a controller and Warframe is a very casual game anyways. The point is that this is clearly not intentional and needs to be fixed.

when you say quick melee, do you mean have your gun out and do a melee attack? My default melee attack button is Right Button since I use a 360 controller.

this is how i have my controller setup for melee. hold Y to switch into melee mode. once in melee mode, my Right Button is my default melee attack with Left Trigger as my channeling and Right Trigger is my block. Forgot if I had to hold Y again to go back to gun mode or not, maybe it was just a push.

I have quick melee set to Right Thumbstick Press. That works fine. What doesn't work is when hold why to equip melee; the quick melee button stops working and I can not attack at all. The quick melee button stops working and there is currently no way to bind a "melee attack" button as there is in the non-controller controls menu.