The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Potential Fix To Graphics Card Crashes(Amd Radeon)

Ekulite

Hi guys, I'd thought let you know how I stopped warframe from crashing my graphics card.

I changed most of the in game settings, but to no affect, although I do recommend turning off Vsync as it does effect your performance. In the launcher, I turned of direct X11 which caused the crashing to stop. ( A couple hours after I turned it off I turned it back on and my pc instantly crashed as soon as I logged in. I also have Multi-core rendering turned off but have not tested it if it is causing the crashes.

Description of the crash:

After entering the game, my screen usually goes completely blank or  sometimes later on while doing missions. After a couple of seconds the screen says it can not find find the HDMI-1 slot( GPU crash) so I then restart the computer.

My Specs:

Radeon R9 270 2GB

Intel I-7 quad core

Cougar CMX( It is not the power supply, It is relatively new and can supply my computer without problems, even while running very graphic demanding games such as Rust, Dayz and BF3 at a 40-60 fps

8GB RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

To fix:

Simply Disable Direct X11 in the launcher( Click the gear symbol at the top right corner, next to the exit button)

Thanks, please reply if it does/doesn't work for you and/or if it works with Nvidia cards.

Edited by Ekulite