The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Solar System View More Comprehensible

AZZEL

The start screen where you can see all the planets looks a little bit confusing. This is because of

A) The planets are moving all the time

B) The connection between the planets is not shown

My suggestion is

A) Make a fixed planetary constellation

B) Show connecting lines between the planets

C) When you are in planet view you shouldn't see other planets in the background

Here is a pic which provides in a simplified way a better view.

vUfeBjO.png

Edited by AZZEL

I see your complaint. I too have a bit of a problem finding my way sometimes when I group up. But, I like the look of the revolving planets and would hate to see that go.

Something to help enhance the navigation and understanding of the planetary connection. (specially when you group with people and they choose a different planet and mission than were you were last)

At the current set up I think its perfectly manageable. As the game continues to grow and possibly gain more planets and more missions, I think it will become confusing. Or, just cause people to get lost alot and then be upset about it (nerd rages are bad).

Guest Sess1on

At the current set up I think its perfectly manageable.

Absolutely not. The way players are supposed to "navigate" the solar system in private or public lobbies is absurd. You're allowed to zoom out and easily select planets from the entire system map in solo but not with other players? How stupid is ithat? It's a terrible design.

I agree more so with Asmodean129,

i feel like you need to be able to freely switch between the 'solar system' view and the planets 'mission layout' view.

there has been many times i have been trying to look for a particular mission and totally forgot which planet it was on... so i had look through each and every planet 'mission layout' to find it. where i feel it would have been much faster to just tab in and out of the 'solar system' view to find it.

Also, kind of an add on for the 'solar system' view... just make the planets a little more destinguished? for instance size, color, add a moon, add 2 moons, rings, arteroid belts? i dont find it hard to navigate the solar system... however i do find that things look very similar...

for example... make pluto and mars even smaller? make the colors more vibrant, like jupiter and mars more reddish, earth have more green? add a moon to earth? and as far as the new planets you have added, make them funky colors? yellow, purple, neons lol and 2 moons to a planet.... maybe instead of rings add small asteriods going around one?

just a thought...

also, maybe a search box... say if someone only wanted defence missions to level up? or boss missions?

I disagree with the OP. I like the solar system map as is. It's dynamic and cool looking. The only thing I'd change is some of the planets rotations. Earth for example is going around the sun in the wrong direction.

What I do not like that I can't access the solar system map in groups without dropping the group. Like the others said:

The way players are supposed to "navigate" the solar system in private or public lobbies is absurd. You're allowed to zoom out and easily select planets from the entire system map in solo but not with other players? How stupid is ithat? It's a terrible design.

I don't mind the current system, but would like it that you don't get logged out of a session if you go back to the solar system map!

I like the solar system map. I want to access it all the time.