The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Mod On Melee, Why Still 60% ?

kimahn

Yeah I have always wondered why all base (non-Nightmare/Corrupted/Event) elemental mods are Tactical polarity and cost more versus Cold being Defensive polarity and costing less for the same bonus. 

By definition, they should all be Tactical polarity in my opinion, but some warframes have strange polarity sets as well (e.g. Saryn being a very offensive 'frame, yet having Defensive aura plus a Tactical and Defensive mod polarities). In general, I sometimes wonder if they just roll dice to see what gets what polarity lol.

By definition, they should all be Tactical polarity in my opinion, but some warframes have strange polarity sets as well (e.g. Saryn being a very offensive 'frame, yet having Defensive aura plus a Tactical and Defensive mod polarities). In general, I sometimes wonder if they just roll dice to see what gets what polarity lol.

Well, to be honest, the V polarity sucks pretty hard since there are only five V polarity warframe mods in the game. So any frame with a V polarity slot gets screwed big time if they don't have a lot to gain from power duration or strength. Provoked is trash, and every single other V polarity warframe mod is rare or corrupted, making them hard to find to boot.

For example, take Nova: she has two V polarities. Say you put Intensify on one of them. Blind Rage isn't always desirable, so many would avoid it. Nova has very little use for power duration, so Continuity is out of the question. Then you have Rage, but Nova isn't much of a tank. Meanwhile, every frame makes good use of Vitality and Redirection, so a defensive polarity is free mod points.