The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Improving The Melee System...

Tar_Spit_Fire

after melee 2.0 released... and after weeks of playing using melee with those stance mod.... i kinda feels like... the melee combo is quite awkward to perform and it is dangerous to perform infront of more than 5 enemy groups... the enemy either dies before i finished my combo or i just failed to perform it and continue with my life by using normal spam combo only.. 

so here's my suggestion:
1)add a dash evasive movement, double press any direction key while wielding melee will make the player fast dash to the direction where the player pressed whether to chain the combo to another enemy or just to evade the ground slam of heavy grineer or get out of tough situation AND IT SHOULD BE SPAMMABLE...*cuz running slowly towards another enemy after finished chopping a guy is awkward

2) change the 'toggle' channeling button to 'Q' and make a heavy attack moveset and the light melee should be on left click and the heavy attack button should be at 'E' and thus the charge attack can be reverted,by holding down heavy attack button the character will perform the charge attack... and the hold button combo will be change to 'left click.left click, E,E' and so on... *no holding for less frustration... just.... light attack light attack then heavy attack

3) reduce the stamina consume of melee just simply because you will not have enough stamina to block other enemy's gunfire after you perform one or two combo on some enemy...

4) THE MOST OBVIOUS ONE: INCREASE THE COMBO COUNTER FADE TIME... the combo counter just like... fade off after millisecond i stop using melee...

thats all... hope DE will revise this and feel free to leave a comment below...

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire