The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Void Mode Unlocked!

Zero.No.Hikari

I was thinking about how to make it harder for peeps who want a challenge.

Why not a Nightmare mod for Void tuns.  Now this isn't a you can just get there you have to earn it with Mastery.

Unlocking requirement: Mastery Rank 10

Avaliable for all Void runs

Now how would it work?

Well after reaching MR10 you could have an option to change from normal voids to Nightmare voids they work same as normal but they can be cycled to get the mode you want imagine a vamipre survival or because they are voids, Vampire no shield mode for Survival runs.   I know the mastery rank might seem high but given what you'll be getting out of it like increased mod drops, and part drops it is most definitely worth it just for the challenge.

Sure with current buff/nerf cycle it might become more difficult but hey the more challenging the more intense isn't it?  I know I'd try to go for a 1hour survival with a no shields energy drain going on.

What do peeps think?

I'd love more difficulty, but tagging Nightmare mode onto Void would get boring rather quickly, in my opinion.

I believe in you. Greatness is within us all.

- John Prodman, 05/01/2014

Rise.

Well it could be a special void mode, but Nightmares could be a place holder for it till they work it out using feedback.

Yes and no. The result mods can just be traded so sooner or later everyone who wants it will get it through trade just like normal mods. And nightmare mode isnt challenging with a trinity/Rhino combo. "challenging modes" can just be overcome easily with certain warframes.

Yes and no. The result mods can just be traded so sooner or later everyone who wants it will get it through trade just like normal mods. And nightmare mode isnt challenging with a trinity/Rhino combo. "challenging modes" can just be overcome easily with certain warframes.

Might be exclusive Mods, like how the Looter Aura can't be traded.  Along with the current nerfs that are cycling Trinity will not be such easymode frame along with the nova Nerf and With Rhino sure but if people want a challenge they should use frames that make it challenging.

Might be exclusive Mods, like how the Looter Aura can't be traded.  Along with the current nerfs that are cycling Trinity will not be such easymode frame along with the nova Nerf and With Rhino sure but if people want a challenge they should use frames that make it challenging.

Im all for a nightmare mode but i feel like as of right now this would just be more milk to feed the greedy! They do 4-5 nightmare runs with trinity/nova/rhino run through a mission and get the spoils then sell them. the only reason the aura mod is untradable is because you cant acquire it any other way. Not sure how they would implement that and how many people they will make angry. Untill we see how trinity/nova are nerfed i cant say much but RIGHT NOW...no this would just make the greedy rich and the needy poor. It also doesnt solve the "Everyone should level there mastery" problem. i think only Focus system will solve that

Edited by KibaWesker

I agree completely the problem is people dont see it that way. Look at all the people apposed to the trinity/nova nerf. The people who constantly use them are the ones defending them. they like there over powered ability's and NOTHING will stop them from using those frames. Personally i use Nekros and Hydroid and last i checked neither of them (specially Nekros) have over powered skills. Id gladly run through Nightmare mode with them but at least 60% of the community will either start off as one of those three or they will try nightmare mode with someone else. find it to difficult then change frames to make it easier. Then most likely jump to the trading tab like everyone did for Decisive Judgment.

I agree completely the problem is people dont see it that way. Look at all the people apposed to the trinity/nova nerf. The people who constantly use them are the ones defending them. they like there over powered ability's and NOTHING will stop them from using those frames. Personally i use Nekros and Hydroid and last i checked neither of them (specially Nekros) have over powered skills. Id gladly run through Nightmare mode with them but at least 60% of the community will either start off as one of those three or they will try nightmare mode with someone else. find it to difficult then change frames to make it easier. Then most likely jump to the trading tab like everyone did for Decisive Judgment.

Exactly I feel some mods should become binding like how rare items are in other games I myself use Ash, Banshee, Valkyr and Nyx with Nyx being if the teams says they want one I will more often go Valkyr and Banshee for wehat they can offer to themselves and the team.  If they can make binding mods some of the trading will die down but it will also give players a reason to try out the new stuff themselves.

Exactly I feel some mods should become binding like how rare items are in other games I myself use Ash, Banshee, Valkyr and Nyx with Nyx being if the teams says they want one I will more often go Valkyr and Banshee for wehat they can offer to themselves and the team.  If they can make binding mods some of the trading will die down but it will also give players a reason to try out the new stuff themselves.

Yea corrupted mods, event mods (until released for the public), and nightmare mods should be kept away from trading. It may not be pay to win but platinum makes it feel that way in trade. I barely use mine and i always keep a stock of it for when i see cosmetics, or in the case of the Kubrow (i LOVE dogs) i plan on plating that if its in the market. But otherwise i dont trade with it. ill trade mod to mod but thats it. But most people dont have that kind of sense. they prefer using 35 plat on Decisive Judgment when its NOT that good.

Yea corrupted mods, event mods (until released for the public), and nightmare mods should be kept away from trading. It may not be pay to win but platinum makes it feel that way in trade. I barely use mine and i always keep a stock of it for when i see cosmetics, or in the case of the Kubrow (i LOVE dogs) i plan on plating that if its in the market. But otherwise i dont trade with it. ill trade mod to mod but thats it. But most people dont have that kind of sense. they prefer using 35 plat on Decisive Judgment when its NOT that good.

Aye, I mostly do mod for mod when I feel the mods have equal value and yeah event mods nightmare and corrupted should be account bound given how exclusive they can be it might limit the market but it would make it so much less cluttered.  Along with the fact that the Cicero mods sell for 300Plat just makes it ridiculous

Sounds cool but the unlock method needs to be improved. Maybe be like how it is with ODA. You do void runs and get the components to nightmare keys.

Well then people would complain about the RNG wall blocking the way hence why it's mastery locked that way a Tenno with enough mastery has knowledge on how to unlock the secrets of a void key, kinda how after certian levels in other games you can access a high tier dungeon of the same one but with stronger mobs and better rewards/drops hell this could be where Tethra and Cicero mods drop.