The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Low Fps And Low Gpu And Cpu Utalization

W4NT3N

Im playing the game maxed out at 1080p except motion blur and depth of feild. I dont like it and i got an AMD card so no physx. Runing the game in 64bit mode.

Hardware:
7970 GHZ ccc 13.12 temp 60C utalization  in game 30%

FX-8350 @ 4.7GHZ temp 40C max core utalizationin game 60%

16GB ram

Problem:
At long survival games it sometimes drop to 40FPS.

What can i do to get better performance?

this game is coded to use 2-3 cores, i'd say it is surprising that an octa core is used up to 60%, that's 4-5 cores.. or maybe it is true what they say about fx8000 series, quad cores with ht, it might sound crazy but you've got cpu bottleneck because of the low performance per core of your cpu, well.. this game is terribly optimized aswell

Edit: Whenever your gpu is not working at 100%, it is limited by cpu.. that if you have v-sync disabled or.. v-sync enabled with fps lower than your monitor's refresh rate, 60 for example

Edited by Hatr

If you have amd catalyst, you can open the engine control center and tune your imaging and other things... As Performance<-----------------> Quality type of thing. Decreasing my mipmapping greatly increased my fps. But everything's not as pretty. But that's just on my laptop, haven't figured out how to optimize it completely yet. My pc is fine

yeah, i got a profile for warframe.x64.exe. Interesting with the minimap will check that out. Made me think about tera online and the ui in that game...

Edited by W4NT3N

Sry if it was unclear. i was talking about the CPU core that has most load is at 60% not the cpu. The cpu i maby loaded to 20-25%. No v-sync enabled, dosent like it.

then.. i guess the load on 2-3 cores is around 60% and the rest are sleeping? it's a different thing but the results are the same, i will give you an example, a game that uses.. let's say, exactly 2 cores all the time, will use a dual core to 100%, a quad core to 50%, an octa core to 25%, there's also the posibility that you see 25%~ load on all cores, that's because the windows spreads the usage across all the cores to reduce power consumption and heat

yes exactly. windows dosent have the possibility to spred it out. what im tring to say is that i would like to know whats caping my framerate. The game should be able to to max atleast one core.

yes exactly. windows dosent have the possibility to spred it out. what im tring to say is that i would like to know whats caping my framerate. The game should be able to to max atleast one core.

none of the cores are working at 100% because windows is doing what it is supposed to do more or less well, spread the work across more cores, you can try to set affinity to 3 cores, you will notice that these cores will come near 80% usage but the fps will be the same, set affinity to 2 cores and the usage will most likely go up to 100%, that's capping your frame rate, each core's performance

Edited by Hatr

didnt geting 100% because i have multi threaded rendering on. Fixed my fps problem. change to directx 9 and got between 650-400fps. everything max out in game and in ccc.

Edit: gpu load 80-97%

Edited by W4NT3N

didnt geting 100% because i have multi threaded rendering on. Fixed my fps problem. change to directx 9 and got between 650-400fps. everything max out in game and in ccc.

Edit: gpu load 80-97%

gonna give it a try myself aswell

Im playing the game maxed out at 1080p except motion blur and depth of feild. I dont like it and i got an AMD card so no physx. Runing the game in 64bit mode.

Hardware:

7970 GHZ ccc 13.12 temp 60C utalization  in game 30%

FX-8350 @ 4.7GHZ temp 40C max core utalizationin game 60%

16GB ram

Problem:

At long survival games it sometimes drop to 40FPS.

What can i do to get better performance?

LOW FPS

drop to 40FPS.

LOLNO

20fps is "low"

edit: wtf my text is white?

Edited by Souldrainr

20fps is "low"

edit: wtf my text is white?

it is white XD

my fps drops to 10 on long survival missions >.>

Athlon II x4 651k @ 3.3

GTX 650 ti Boost

just like him, i would like a higher fps in warframe for the money i paid for my pc, nobody will complain though since the game is still in.. beta 

Edit: on lowest settings i get the same fps as on highest, i can't say that warframe is overall bad optimized but it has a terrible cpu optimization, thanks to the way the damage, ai and connection work, cpu is put to work a lot more than necessary

Edited by Hatr