The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Underappretiated Weapons I Want To Give A Shoutout

Xamuswing

1: Kraken, the pistol that was never touched.

I originally thought it was a very poor mix of the Sicarus and the Lex. I was dreadfully wrong on that. Its got high Impact like the magnus but it deals about 1.5x the damage of the Lex, with the speed and efficiency of a lato. Besides the reload and the massive kick, this is one of the best pistols in the game. Once you know how to shoot it at max speed and learn how to fight that kick, and put on the right mods, this thing murders the corpus and will destroy the other factions almost just as well. I'm a big fan of this weapon, and I hope one day people will see it's usefulness. That, and it has a cool reload.

2: Miter, the weapon apparently only useable by Grineer.

Similar to the Kraken, I avoided this weapon because of what people said about it. How it was next to useless endgame and was just a neat concept. This weapon really only shines when you add a catalyst, and you know how to use it, similar to the Torid and Castanas. After modding out and much use, its proved its usefulness more than once. I've been able to tear through many crowds with the charge and its innate punch-through. It would wind up being a killer for any enemy that uses cover and got shield lancers off my back a lot.

3: Dual Cleavers, the skipped over godly crit. weapon

Says it all.  It hits multiple targets, good status, a great crit weapon with stats higher than the Galatine, and its just a great weapon. It's depressing to see how no one uses this weapon and it just gets the shaft. I can't say enough good about it, and I found out its greatness through just leveling for mastery. Shame to all who say this weapon sucks, they don't know what makes it awesome.

1: Kraken, the pistol that was never touched.

I originally thought it was a very poor mix of the Sicarus and the Lex. I was dreadfully wrong on that. Its got high Impact like the magnus but it deals about 1.5x the damage of the Lex, with the speed and efficiency of a lato. Besides the reload and the massive kick, this is one of the best pistols in the game. Once you know how to shoot it at max speed and learn how to fight that kick, and put on the right mods, this thing murders the corpus and will destroy the other factions almost just as well. I'm a big fan of this weapon, and I hope one day people will see it's usefulness. That, and it has a cool reload.

2: Miter, the weapon apparently only useable by Grineer.

Similar to the Kraken, I avoided this weapon because of what people said about it. How it was next to useless endgame and was just a neat concept. This weapon really only shines when you add a catalyst, and you know how to use it, similar to the Torid and Castanas. After modding out and much use, its proved its usefulness more than once. I've been able to tear through many crowds with the charge and its innate punch-through. It would wind up being a killer for any enemy that uses cover and got shield lancers off my back a lot.

3: Dual Cleavers, the skipped over godly crit. weapon

Says it all.  It hits multiple targets, good status, a great crit weapon with stats higher than the Galatine, and its just a great weapon. It's depressing to see how no one uses this weapon and it just gets the shaft. I can't say enough good about it, and I found out its greatness through just leveling for mastery. Shame to all who say this weapon sucks, they don't know what makes it awesome.

I think for you to say a weapon is good, people would rather you compare them to popular weapons and note the benefits it has over them in order for people to actually try out the weapons you're talking about. Why? - Weapon slots. I think most people don't want to have semi-useless weapons or run the risk of leveling up a weapon that isn't even worth the effort. 

Nevertheless, I;m in the works of acquiring blueprints for the miter and am excited to hear this. I love using the lanka sniper and it just destroys crowds of enemies in hallways which is funny because I get most use out of it in small maps, not larger ones.

For weapons like the miter and dual cleavers... it's more that they're direct downgrades to similar weapons.  The zorens are literally superior in nearly every way to the cleavers.  And the zorens themselves are outclassed solidly by the ichors, again, in nearly every way considering that they function nearly the same.

The miter is out-classed by literally almost any bow.  Miter might be better than the cernos, though.  I'd agree about the kraken, though, it's a nice pistol.  Hits hard when you learn to deal with the sleigh-full-of-horses kick it has.

For weapons like the miter and dual cleavers... it's more that they're direct downgrades to similar weapons.  The zorens are literally superior in nearly every way to the cleavers.  And the zorens themselves are outclassed solidly by the ichors, again, in nearly every way considering that they function nearly the same.

My preference to the cleavers was because it has a default V polarity and deals more damage then the Dual Zoren. The Ichor gets no excuse, it is better than anything atm. Kinda agree with the Bows thing but I like to compare the Miter with the Lanka because of all the similarities.

the kraken is literally the worst weapon i have ever used. And I'm mastery 14 now.

It has mediocre base damage, horrible recoil and low fire rate and low magazine size. 

A truly undesirable weapon if there ever was one

Again, you need to overcome the shortcomings to make this a good weapon. Timed shooting and aiming down with the dancing beatboxing horse kick are the key to making the weapon shine. It's not the Marelok, but it's more accurate and better than almost all other pistols damage wise like the Lex and the dual, vasto and the dual, magnus and the dual, etc. etc. Grineer should just stick to making pistols

Edited by Xamuswing

I'd a catalyst on my miter but I just can't bring myself to forma it. Miter charge time is absolutely horrible. Even with two speed mod, it's still end up with more than 1 sec of charge time. It's unacceptable long for its subpar charge damage compare to bow. It also use sniper ammo which mean you're somewhat force to use its charge attack if you want to conserve ammo. I wanted to like it, belive me I do. It's a gun that shot spinning blade. It should be fun to use but the actual implementation of miter is just horrible