Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes/Dark Sector/question

Untouchable2K

This game is made by the same people who created warpath, not to mention the character models looks simlart to dark sector. = 10/10

This game is freaking amazing .

One question tho, the folder size for this game is only 810MB. I am playing the first mission level and it seems to be a 1GB size map, are all the maps this large, or did i download the wrong file?

just seems like this game is 10GB , i mean iam only in the first level, but there are like it seems to be 20 more plants to go to.

The maps are procedurally generated, meaning it takes pre designed rooms and corridores, and strings them together to create the level. Its similar to the process used in diablo. This allows them to cut down on space, since they dont have to have a pre planned out copy of every level in the game, and also makes each trip through a level unique.

I disagree, after playing 20 mins of this game, level designs aren't reptetive, and this game looks amazing.

I agree it looks amazing , but you only played 20 mins. Keep playing and you will notice eventually. I know its closed beta im just hoping they have a ton of unreleased content.

If you pay attention to the original Dark Sector trailer, you'll notice that a lot of resources/concepts were used in warframe.

If you look in the game, you'll see alot of Dark Sector (2008) in it. ;)

Edited by LemonKing

I disagree, after playing 20 mins of this game, level designs aren't reptetive, and this game looks amazing.

Once you have ~20 hours of playtime, you'll envy the variety found in L4D/Killing Floor.

This game does have variety - I'd say it strikes a middle ground between Phantasy Star Online and, say, Diablo II, if you only had one act to play.