Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rife>Pistol Or Pistol<Rifle?

wayneo

I think that Rifle should be stronger then pistols

but the akbolto just out classing ever rifle right now in accracy, damge and armor penatration,

but im normaly soloing so the accracy for the akbolto is higher then it is in coop.

Depends rifle to rifle. Arguably the Braton needs to be better than the Lato, and Bolto and Akbolto should be outclassed by the boltor. If you ran a boltor in comparison, you might notice a better disparity than what you might be running now.

Your question states the same thing twice. Anyways I like using my bow (considered a rifle) since it is fun to use, but outside of that there is no real practical reason why I should be using it when my pistol can hammer out the same damage in 1/3rd of the time. Rifles are definitely not as good as they should be in relation to pistols. If the hornet mod boosted 30-50% less of what it does now that'd be a different story.

The Akbolto is no doubt a strong weapon, however it doesn't suit a lot of peoples tastes because it staggers and has projectile drop/speed issues that other bullet weaponry doesn't.

It should have higher damage per hit than a standard rifle/pistol firing bullets because the projectiles it fires travel slower, making them more likely to miss at longer ranges. If you swap between a Braton and the Bolto between missions you have to vastly adjust your aiming and stop/start leading moving targets by a fairly large margin.

Simply put, it's harder to land hits with a bolt weapon, so they should do more damage per hit, as it takes more skill/effort to land hits with them.

Basically, I believe rifles and pistols are relatively equal in strength overall, which for this game I think is where it should be, not rifle > pistol but rifle = pistol, with their own advantages and disadvantages of use.

But if you compare a Bolto to the Akbolto, they're quite similar in damage output/accuracy/rof etc.

Edited by Vayna

i saying that i think rifle should stronger tehn pistols but there not and mods does not help, all pistol mod are same or better then, like electric damge, multishot, fire rate etc.

But if you compare a Bolto to the Akbolto, they're quite similar in damage output/accuracy/rof etc.

tried them and boltor does way less damge then akboltor the rate of fire i cant realy tell the diffrence but damge akboltor does about 7 more per hit on any enamies

Edited by wayneo

i saying that i think rifle should stronger tehn pistols but there not and mods does not help, all pistol mod are same or better then, like electric damge, multishot, fire rate etc.

tried them and boltor does way less damge then akboltor the rate of fire i cant realy tell the diffrence but damge akboltor does about 7 more per hit on any enamies

They should, probably don't, because the designers of this game have a bad concept of weapon balance.

The Akbolto is no doubt a strong weapon, however it doesn't suit a lot of peoples tastes because it staggers and has projectile drop/speed issues that other bullet weaponry doesn't.

It should have higher damage per hit than a standard rifle/pistol firing bullets because the projectiles it fires travel slower, making them more likely to miss at longer ranges. If you swap between a Braton and the Bolto between missions you have to vastly adjust your aiming and stop/start leading moving targets by a fairly large margin.

Simply put, it's harder to land hits with a bolt weapon, so they should do more damage per hit, as it takes more skill/effort to land hits with them.

Basically, I believe rifles and pistols are relatively equal in strength overall, which for this game I think is where it should be, not rifle > pistol but rifle = pistol, with their own advantages and disadvantages of use.

the speed of fire and drop rate does not matter that much unless is very long range, also most enamies in this game does not move alot unless there infested but ever enamies movement is very predictable nothing like trying to shoot a real player (well some players)

Have you ever tried the HEK shotgun~?

that's a nice main weapon you can always depend on lol~

but yes akboltos win cause of their passive armor pierce~

can't say no to that~

hek is good but it lacks clip size so you have to reload alot lowering its dps.

Edited by wayneo

clip and reload~?

try applying shotgun speed reload and clip extending mods~

also get the hellfire multishop and you'll be right as rain~

one of the best things you can do my man~

you can get clip and reloard mods for pistols to and they work better since the base number is higher,

as for multi shot they both have +120%, while shot gun gets more petal and can be better as average pistols can some time shoot upto 3 bullets with one shot.