Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, This Happened Today..

Cere

A little while ago I was playing with my friend. We ran Gradivus, which i have ran many times before.

as we pulled the second or so pack of Corpus, a strange npc begain talking to me. He had a glowing red facemask with little glowing red rings around it.

I did not see everything that he said, but it was along the lines of "I'ma kill you dead." ((not a direct quote :P))

"Are you seeing this?!" I exclaimed to my friend via voice chat.

"Seeing what?"

Then, this red masked ninja materialized out of thin air infront of me in a cloud of purple-black smoke.

He then used some sort of instant slashing move and instantly killed me, bypassing the downed state. He dematerialized instantly after.

My friend sat there looking at me. "... uhhh what just happened?"

I popped a revive and he was still no where to be seen. We did not see him the rest of that mission.

Between this happening, the little shield draining leeches shot by those hornet type mobs, and the mission bugging out and not letting us use any control terminals to hack open the doors, this patch has me scared.

I don't think I have ever been that frightened in an online video game.

._. thanks for the heart attack Devs.

That is the Stalker my friend. Randomizes in different areas and wont stop until you're either dead or get to extraction.

When i first encountered it i was scared crapless when he one shot me too lol

Edited by Vanadrek

That was the Stalker. After you kill Tyl Regor, I think, he'll randomaly show up and murder you. You CAN survive and he CAN be killed, but it's balls to the wall hard.

He's been there since the beginning of the open beta (when i started) and maybe earlier, wouldn't know, so this is nothing new.

That is probably the most off guard i have ever been caught in an online game.

Though this game might be made by a relatively unknown company, if they keep putting stuff like this in their games, they will go very far.

It is the little things like this that make me proud to say I enjoy gaming.

It was beautiful. Haha, and all my friend saw was me dead. He was scared too hahah.

I fought the stalker about an hour ago but it was amazingly easy BUT it was for only one reason. He started talking and I was on my low-level Nyx which freaked me out because I felt safer on my frost and it was just me and my friend is new to the game at the time. When he appeared I panicked and used my Uber(Which lets me absorb damage and reflect it all back). So im guessing he did a S#&$ ton of damage and it instakilled him as soon as it popped lol. Was really scary and I was caught off guard.....I want to face him again.

Three Stalker vids I have recorded. In the first two he appears more Ashe/Excal looking, but in the third he looks like a Rhino

Ran into him again tonight, and with the damage buff that came out today on all the mobs, and me getting him while he was level 50, I didnt stand a chance..... Have seen him from levels 38-50 now, and two different cosmetic appearances, three different abilities (Teleport, slash dash, Smokebomb) Braton Vandal and some sort of Skana-esque weapon.