The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Lag Spikes,game/screen Freezes Then Loses Connection

Teadude

This has been happening to me ever since the U13 release,

This only happens sometimes,and usually at the worst of times,

When i'm in a game hosted by someone else,the fps drops at some point,the game/screen freezes(although ambient noise can still be heard),then,after a few seconds(and sometimes minutes)it unfreezes,a message pops up saying "Connection to the host has been lost blah blah blah..." and i get sent to the main menu

When i'm hosting a game,the same things happen except all the other players get disconnected apart from me

My PC is pretty old,but it ran WF buttersmoothly before U13

Any ideas on what is causing the problem?

Hey guys!

Same here, got this after 25m+ survival missions or during orokins void (also occurs once after 2min30 in an survival).

The problm starts with a freeze, if i can heard sounds the game unfreezes by it self and i lost all my team mates, but more often, i can't hear anything and the game still stuck until i close it by an Alt+f4 or a Ctrl alt suppr, making me loose all rewards of the mission.

Got an I3-380M, GeForce 610M and 4Gb ram. Never had this kind of problems before the 13.1.

ps : Srry for my english, it's not my native langage.

Quad core 2.33 ghz

4gb ram

Ati 4670 1gb Ram

Even on low settings im still getting horrible fps on defense and long survival mode, my specs should be enough to run the game on medium, wich i can in the other modes.

I think the problem are all the ammo/items on the floor in those mode using more resources on the client.

The server doesn't affect your fps.  Your local game will still crank out fps on the last data set it had.  If it was a server problems objects, npc's would stop moving or skip.

And Dedicated servers only removes the stress on the host.  It would not fix your fps and crashes unless your the host. And the OP already stated it happens regardless of him being host or not.

Happened twice in a void mission,wasn't hosting. Utter bs.

I cranked my settings to extremely low,still happens

I'm building a gaming PC next week or so,i'll update if the issue still occurs on my new PC

• 3 weeks later...