Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Feedback - Update 7.7

Frostwood

Strengthening the Storm -- Fog of War.

Update 7.7 brought some more big changes to the universe of the Tenno, one of the most notable hidden changes (unmentioned in the patchnotes) was the mod drop rate changes.

Play one or two missions and you notice ~65% of your mods are now common rank 2 mods, ~30% uncommon mods and maybe ~5% rare.

One of the most glaring problems with this is the common mods are absolute trash and will not help you progress much or make you feel much stronger. Most of the common mods seem to be sentinel mods or ammo/armor mods.

Direct Effects - The world is a bit duller, prepare to grind.

While this game already contained a massive grind, it was a somewhat reasonable feat before with the old drop rate. You were able to combine rare mods of the same type fairly frequently in order to upgrade them and avoid the massively overpriced credit cost of combing with fusion cores. That simply is not the case any more, you're now very lucky if you find the same rare mod in within 10 runs of a defense mission. So you now have to rely on fusion cores or incredibly slow rank up rate of mismatched mod combing. This might be acceptable if this droprate change didn't bring some indirect changes as well.

Indirect Effects - Where Have All The Credits Gone?

Under the previous droprate, after you found all the skill mods for your warframes you were able to sell the skill mods for 1000 credits a pop. In my opinion this was the most efficient and reasonable way to obtain credits, you might even save up enough credits to be able to use fusion cores under the old system. Since almost all the skill mods are rare, their drop rate has greatly reduced and they are no longer a reliable source of credits.

Suggestions

Make high level mobs have an increased drop rate of rare mods. It does not make sense for level 40+ Eris infested to drop rare mods at the same chance as their lvl 10-17 little brothers in Jupiter. Why put in the extra effort to kill higher level things for the same reward? This also gives players more reason to stick around in the more difficult and more time consuming levels of the Endless Defense missions.

Allow reward mods to be built up in the Endless Defense missions, when you choose to continue the rewards stack instead of replacing the previous reward. Obviously if you fail to cash out and you die then you collect none of these reward mods.

Provide more reliable options for obtaining credits than selling mods. Better drop rate of credits from mobs and containers. Also possibly increase credit rate from missions since selling skill mods is not really practical any more. This might help with the "speedrunning problem" in non-defense missions as it would now be very adventageous to break containers and kill mobs for credits.

Maybe a reduction of the credit cost of combining with fusion cores is in order after this drop rate change.

Possibly tweak the rare mod drop rate so they're a bit more common than they are right now.

Other suggestions?

Please keep it civil and not just another outrage thread. Add any suggestions if you have them.

Edited by Frostwood

Making the 'rare' mods that the Infested dropped incredibly rare is a problem. It discourages the construction of new warframes, because the only way you can get skills for those frames as a F2P is by farming them up. But. .

There's 12 frames. Each frame has four skills, so there's 48 possible skills. Even when they were a lot more common, the likelyhood that you'll get a skill that you actually needed was still fairly low. I only have two our of four of my Saryn's skills, and this change will make it almost impossible to get the other two without incredible luck.

At the very least I believe skills should still be readily available by drops. Adding more warframes is just going to compound this problem further. If people were farming these skills for easy credits, make them a lower rarity. Problem solved. It's not like they're that 'rare' to begin with considering how often they used to drop off Infested.

I'm hoping that the threads suggesting that this change was accidental are correct.

I think problem with mod drop before 7.7 was the fact that Infest did drop rare power card for frames in an alarmingly high rate. It led to farming these mods for credit and inevitably inflated credit which would potentially put us back to update6.

Personally, I think frame's powers are easiest to upgrade. With maximum at three level, these mods could be upgraded with fusion core albeit at an obviously higher price. Mod distribution should be more transparent. Which system/faction has tendency to drop something more than others should be included in patch note. Defense mission probably not a good place to start an experiment since it'll create a bias information on mod drop.

Higher levels should have better credit reward. It's pretty mind-boggling that Pluto credit reward is not much different from Mercury. Ten times harder with similar reward, a good way to drive players away from Pluto especially the blueprint from the boss is Excalibur which can be bought cheaply from cash shop with platinum.

I can attest to the latest hotfix being a big downer for me in the mods department.

The funnest missions in Warframe are the endless defence missions, more specifically the Infested Defence missions. Now you have taken away my motivation to do them. After 20+ runs on Valefor all I have seen to show for the runs are piles of junk mods. The drop rate of 'Sentinel' mods is particuarly glaringly annoying. Why are almost/over half of the mods dropped composed of mods for pets? Also, it is impossible to find mods such as Continuity anymore.

I don't know exactly what has happened to many mods, but a large number of them cannot be found on Infested levels anymore (at least the defence ones). Does this mean they are exclusively appearing in other Factions? Please be more open about this information.

I think problem with mod drop before 7.7 was the fact that Infest did drop rare power card for frames in an alarmingly high rate. It led to farming these mods for credit and inevitably inflated credit which would potentially put us back to update6.

Personally, I think frame's powers are easiest to upgrade. With maximum at three level, these mods could be upgraded with fusion core albeit at an obviously higher price. Mod distribution should be more transparent. Which system/faction has tendency to drop something more than others should be included in patch note. Defense mission probably not a good place to start an experiment since it'll create a bias information on mod drop.

Higher levels should have better credit reward. It's pretty mind-boggling that Pluto credit reward is not much different from Mercury. Ten times harder with similar reward, a good way to drive players away from Pluto especially the blueprint from the boss is Excalibur which can be bought cheaply from cash shop with platinum.

I agree with the Pluto point, there is currently no real incentive to go to the higher levels after you unlock them once. In the pre-update 7 patches, mod level would increase with mob level.

Edited by Vespoidian

We aren't talking about upgrading frame powers, we're talking about GETTING them. Can't upgrade sometyhing you don't have.

The mod rarity drop rate should definitely be bumped back up to 7.6 levels on the highest difficulty planets. I'd love to hear some of the design rationality behind making identical drop rates for all levels of mobs. True genius.

Edited by ExplosiveTreant