The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Gae Bolg, The Warframe Of The Certain Kill (New Abilities)

jjpdn

Gae Bolg is actually a well fitting name.

Gae Bolg - the spear which never fails to pierce the enemy's heart.  Weapon of the Irish warrior and demigod Cu Chuliann from the era of the Ulster cycle, son of the god of light Lugh.

Ok, here's my actual comment:

Exactly what I was aiming for. Can I post that on my thing so that people can read it before hand?

I swear I only meant it in a comedic sense, I did not mean to offend. I have NO problems with &*$$sexual people, in fact a good portion of my best friends are. I myself am asexual. I meant that picture as just a joke I promise.

LOL, I didn't mean like 'oh, you think asexual people are BAD?'. I was just asking why asexual is a hugely negative word that teens spaz out every second?

Go right ahead. 

TY!

I swear I only meant it in a comedic sense, I did not mean to offend. I have NO problems with &*$$sexual people, in fact a good portion of my best friends are. I myself am asexual. I meant that picture as just a joke I promise.

So hard to see people's expressions while on forums... I wonder why?

PS: There's a reason I put ':)' after my jokes.

Edited by jjpdn

It's hard to give feed back if the OP doesn't actually give any arguments either for his concept or to defend it against criticism. 

Good evening to you. Unless your in a different time zone.

... i didn't respond? I though I had? 

...im going senile at a young age, aren't I.

What do you want me to defend against? The truth? :)

Please explain.

Plus, if they are right, what's the poitn of defending?

i would like to see the art of this frame if possible =)

Ill try, dont worry, but Im getting a headache on Vixen's legs (Evarikitsune's Concept). 

And please suggest ideas for how parts will look like!

Edited by jjpdn

... i didn't respond? I though I had? 

...im going senile at a young age, aren't I.

What do you want me to defend against? The truth? :)

Please explain.

Plus, if they are right, what's the poitn of defending?

The point is you're coming off as flippant about any critique, you don't have to take all of it but you do need to keep in mind the game and how it works and access what works and what doesn't. How you are acting is very childish when people are trying to give you input.

The point is you're coming off as flippant about any critique, you don't have to take all of it but you do need to keep in mind the game and how it works and access what works and what doesn't. How you are acting is very childish when people are trying to give you input.

Ah, sorry.

Ill be serious. 

So thats why people think im high...

Sorry guys.

Well obviously you should have at least some reference in the design to Lancer from Fate/Stay Night, if only for relevancy with that fan crowd given it's one of the few modern depictions of Cu Chuliann and plausibly the most well known of them.

lancer-fate.png

The only extremely resilient napalm your gonna find is when your facing 20 minutes of survival on some of the higher level planets. At which point you will be swamped by 50 of the stupid mofos.

The power creep of many other Frame's power / Weapons make it far more economical to just shoot the guy than use it. It's also not free aim, so you might hit a roller that's right next to you.

You didn't say anything about your 3/4 much.

If you really want the insta kill thing though, along with the above explanation, you should change your 4 to something like Valkyr style, or imbue an insta kill chance / kill counter sort of thing onto the weapons instead. Whatever it is, the current ability falls under -Interesting, but impractical-.

Of course, you could just say that it activates and it attaches to one of your team mates automatically. Large trolling potential though, and again breaks up the flow of Warframe.

Do you want to use an ability that has you watch the screen for 10-15 seconds of someone else fighting?

1. This would be a sort of endgame frame.

2. Closest to target reticul, not closest to you. Though it could be punch through, but wouldn't that be overpowerd?

3. 3/4? Ill fix that.

4. Valkyr style... hm... how about I put two, one optional. 

5. Nyx's absorb.

Well obviously you should have at least some reference in the design to Lancer from Fate/Stay Night, if only for relevancy with that fan crowd given it's one of the few modern depictions of Cu Chuliann and plausibly the most well known of them.

lancer-fate.png

I was thinking that Gae Bolg was the spear. Would drawing a sword man be better? A spear knows himself the best... right?

Edited by jjpdn

I was thinking that Gae Bolg was the spear. Would drawing a sword man be better? A spear knows himself the best... right?

Gae Bolg is the spear - but you have to keep in consideration the wielder of the spear in the legend as well.

Also I think you should have visual cues to the original legend for the weapon / frame: 

- It was made from the bones of the Coinchenn.  (a magical Sea monster)

- the spear had seven heads, each with seven barbs.

- once thrown it proved invariably fatal as it would always pierce the heart - and then barbs/thorn like projections would burst out of the body of the victim, most visibly from the joints. 

Edited by Evariskitsune

Gae Bolg is the spear - but you have to keep in consideration the wielder of the spear in the legend as well.

Also I think you should have visual cues to the original legend for the weapon / frame: 

- It was made from the bones of the Coinchenn.  (a magical Sea monster)

- the spear had seven heads, each with seven barbs.

- once thrown it proved invariably fatal as it would always pierce the heart - and then barbs/thorn like projections would burst out of the body of the victim, most visibly from the joints. 

Wow, thanks, thats a lot of info. Ill do my research and start the pic.

Personally speaking, I prefer it to your initial idea.  It just seems more fun for the user and more effective in normal combat.

User? But he turns himself into a sword, and another team mate will then use it.

User? But he turns himself into a sword, and another team mate will then use it.

I'm saying I prefer Spear of Barbaric Impalement  over the other skill since said first skill seems boring to cast in comparison and doesn't make sense for solo play, nor does it appear to give any greater utility. 

Plus I want to see an awesome unique spear stance to be used with it - just for the whole feel of holding a truly legendary weapon in your hands as an ultimate seems like an awesome idea - and something unique in and of itself. 

I think the issue is that high damage is fine but no one enjoys instant kills. It's not fun to have a frame out dealing all of the damage and leaving nothing for the rest. That might just be my opinion but I guess the thing is high damage is fine but when you get rid of the challenge of the game it makes things lose their luster. 

I think the issue is that high damage is fine but no one enjoys instant kills. It's not fun to have a frame out dealing all of the damage and leaving nothing for the rest. That might just be my opinion but I guess the thing is high damage is fine but when you get rid of the challenge of the game it makes things lose their luster. 

Its not a very AOE Warframe (Ill change the last one so that its less AOE).

Most abilities are focused on one direction or one person.

So, not huge chance of killing everyone.

...i based it off the actual Gae Bolg ability... it sucks?

I just don't like the warframe turning into things and deconstructing / reconstructing to do the attack. 

I'm fine with the instant kills honestly.