Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My 3 Wishes For This Game

DovahEinherjar

If I could help design this game I would try to incorporate the following:

1.) Enemies and chests should have the chance of dropping loot of varying qualities. This adds a "treasure hunting" aspect to the game that I don't currently "feel", much like classic diablo.

2.) Besides finding mods and foundry mats, there should be other phat lewts to find, like maybe "armor" pieces that have the dual purpose of customizing your character's look, but also giving them stats, so they add to your playstyle, again like diablo.

3.) Chain-kill-power-ups. As I melee kill things, after certain numbers of kills, I get more powerful in different ways. Like after 3 kills in a row, I get 25% faster, after 6 kills in a row, I get 30% more dmg for 1 min, after 10 kills in a row, I take 30% less dmg or whatever. Maybe add in visual que's so that others can see me in all my gory glory running around the battlefield taking heads, getting more powerful like in TF2.

Also, if you create a platinum to credit exchange rate that makes sense, everything should be available for credits as well as plat. Right now certain items are plat only, or you have to purcdhase plans for creds. I can't immediately see how many credits I will need to "buy" that item when looking at plans. Why not just put the "whole" item out there for sale for credits too? You will still require tons of credits for it, and plat will be the shortcut to getting the weapon for the working man who only have 1 hour to play but has $$ cuz he works all day. If that makes any sense.

1.) Ermm, and what would they drop?

2.) Errr, they are adding customization options with +stats similar to the alternate helmets. Not making them drops though as it would make the game unbalanced.

3.) Uhh no thank you, this would resort to everyone to use melee especially a Loki with Radial Disarm + Invisibilty.

If I could help design this game I would try to incorporate the following:

Also, if you create a platinum to credit exchange rate that makes sense, everything should be available for credits as well as plat. Right now certain items are plat only, or you have to purcdhase plans for creds. I can't immediately see how many credits I will need to "buy" that item when looking at plans. Why not just put the "whole" item out there for sale for credits too? You will still require tons of credits for it, and plat will be the shortcut to getting the weapon for the working man who only have 1 hour to play but has $$ cuz he works all day. If that makes any sense.

DE needs to earn some money too so I don't blame them.

EDIT: This wasn't supposed to be that much of an RPG game like Diablo.

Edited by Issence

Regarding DE needing to make money, just look at League of legends and all their hundreds of millions of dollars. All "equipment", meaning toons that have a strategic affect on your gameplay can be bought with earned creds. Cosmetics can be bought with RP or plat in this case. I wouldn't even go so far as to limit things to cosmetics only in this game, just have everything available for both. People who work will always take a short cut and buy with plat because they work and dont' have 40 hrs a week to farm creds.

Regarding DE needing to make money, just look at League of legends and all their hundreds of millions of dollars. All "equipment", meaning toons that have a strategic affect on your gameplay can be bought with earned creds. Cosmetics can be bought with RP or plat in this case. I wouldn't even go so far as to limit things to cosmetics only in this game, just have everything available for both. People who work will always take a short cut and buy with plat because they work and dont' have 40 hrs a week to farm creds.

Here we go again.

By "here we go again" I assume you mean this is a popular idea often brought up and supported by the community. I'm glad I'm on board now too! =)

I'd also point out that in reading some comments about the game so far, many people say they get bored fast with the grind as it stands. I think diablo style treasure hunting is a way to lessen the boredom of the grind and enables the devs to spend less resources on "creating game content" and more on just making the game fun. It's easy to generate good loot with the right random number generator, and this gives players that "gotta kill the next mob and open all the chests" feeling, and that occasional "OMGZORWTF I JUST FOUND THIS AMAZING LOOT" feeling, enough to keep them interested, despite repetive play and levels. Just look at the thousands of time people replay levels in diablo without getting bored because it's not about the level per say but about what is found, and what is found is just randomly generated.

Creating an entirely oringal game is next to impossible and mostly ill-advised imo. Fusing excellent game-play and mechanics from historically fun and popular games is the way to go, which is what they are doing (smartly). Take fast action FPS from here, and some RPG from there, and some XYZ from another game and making it work in your game is awesome.

Variety and leetness of pickups would lessen that "empty" feeling you may have after clearing a level. Randomly generating rewards for completing missions would be good too, like in Anarchy online mission system, only better. Right now getting 1,000 creditys seems like a filler or place holder for what should be there, like 1,000 credits + this helm or this +10% speed boots, you pick.

except that those PHAT LEWT were about armor or weapons which they cant include in this game because there are no randomized stat gear

diablo, and any rpg for that matter has random stat gear, this game doesnt, every gear is fixed, thus having everything drop the way you explain it wouldnt work. so refer to my previous post

1. no

2. no

3. no

4. accurate as F***

Edited by DigitalMaster

its not about things being possible or impossible or not, its about a game not being able to do something because it wouldnt be able to.

diablo(any rpg) has random stat weapons, thus allowing for a wide array of randimized gear loot, we can not have that in warframe, because we dont have random stat weapons.

what we can have, is more of the chronus style drop, but this will simply take time as there are other things to focus on.

Adding Credits to Plat only items makes the BPs have no sense. People would rather farm for credits other than materials. Active people would then get credits easily to buy the suppsoed to be plat only items. Get it? Its not just about people who work.

Edited by Issence

The whole thing about the free 2 play game seems to be destroyed if you could simply and easily click and buy the item with credits. There must be disadvantages if you do something in a free to play game in order to make people actually pay. Since this game doesnt even force you to buy stuff cause everything can be obtained through simple playing, making it even easier for free to play gamers, isnt really necessary....

Edited by Venarge