The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Talk About Nerfs.... (Trinity)

Lqn8r

I am an avid trinity user and I dont like your nerfs

I want Trinity to be useful for the healing roll and her current skillset as a whole cant keep her viable with what you proposed 1-2 are usless and her 3 is out of place her 4 does way to much aswell just like m-prime

!- I wish to see her first be a heal similer to mag's shield restor maybe.. something directionless you can spam

2- could be a decoy that radiates energy pulses instead of marking an emeny the decoy could die and explode into energy knocking things down possibly

3- would be better as a team buff that does not requier enemys 50% damage reduction on incoming damage (nockdown and disrupter imunity to everyone)

4- could be her invincability but only have it last 8 seconds and give it back its slow cast animation time it originaly had

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Spoiler 1:

The community isnt any more fractured than it has been

Were always divided in opinion and this just brings it to light a bit more

A bit dramatic with this, also

Any talk of nerfs is going to be controversial

Some people just dont want any nerfs at all

Spoiler 2:

Almost noone wants trinity to be nerfed to the ground

Thats total BS

Spoiler 3:

Adding a range limit and lowering the time is one solution to make her still viable but not broken

Increasing cast time alone has little if any effect on current trinity

Hiding from enemies isnt any kind of difficult when you have 30 seconds to do it in

As for the rest

Nerfs arent bad for the community

Again, The sides are divided regardless of whether or not it happens

Nerfs are good for the game if they go where they are needed

Trinity is one of the frames that most needs it so its good

sigh, not this again

nerf trinity=high lvl survivals or high wave defence becomes close to impossible, and yes there are players that go to outer teminus and other maps  just to battle lvl 600+ enemies

give frosts globe a buff instead

btw Trinity is one of the best and worst frames in the game

Leave blessing alone, lvl 600+ mobs are hard enough as is.

Blessing is not OP,

Infact a buff for when you need it in high lvl defence or survivals would be a good idea.

Or just cut the casting time by 75% =)

And the following frames should get some love and atention

Ash

-Banshee

-Saryn

-Oberon

-Nekros

You can remove link for all I care, does nothing for my kill stats

Edited by Juranai

sigh, not this again

nerf trinity=high lvl survivals or high wave defence becomes close to impossible, and yes there are players that go to outer teminus and other maps  just to battle lvl 600+ enemies

Blessing is not OP,

Infact a buff for when you need it in high lvl defence or survivals would be a good idea.

Ash

-Banshee

-Saryn

-Oberon

-Nekros

Have you ever considered you are not meant to play against level 600+ enemies?

Because you aren't.

sigh, not this again

Blessing is not OP,

Ash

-Banshee

-Saryn

-Oberon

-Nekros

Seems like youre only interested in your own wants

Because you aren't.

+1

Because you aren't.

yeah devs say that end game is level 35 enemys wave 20 defence and 20 minute survivals wich ever comes first

and in that regard nova and rhino are op compaired to the rest and trinity is SO op that she is "usless" you dont need her you might aswell use a diffrent frame

Thing is she isn't really a support frame, her first two abilities are laughable (Most people do not use them as the enemy you cast it is killed by your team quickly). Her third is a tanking ability (obviously support right?). Her fourth does not support her team mates, my idea of support is multiplying your health and shields or multiplying damage not making everybody invincible.

Because you aren't.

How about some end game content then. Until then, theres not much else to do. (Unless coming to the forums now constitutes as playing the game). Perhaps thats why you and everybody else is here complaining about something rather than enjoying themselves and playing the game.

Those that enjoy the game, do. Those who don't, preach.

The only things that need to happen with trinity are :

Blessing + Link self damage combo removed

Blessing given a 'generous' range. 50 meters by max rank (change-able by mods) seems ok-ish

If this game is to promote team play, then removing the infinite range of blessing would be an actual blessing. Playing trinity in a pub game is an absolute hair ripping experience. That is until you withhold blessing from hallway heroes so that they learn a lesson. People who actually have team play would not negatively be affected by a 'nerf' to blessing in the form of range limitation.

Because you aren't.

Says who?

If that is the case why are such enemies accesible in the first place?

Since they are accesible to everyone , they can very well be considered part of the game.

yeah devs say that end game is level 35 enemys wave 20 defence and 20 minute survivals wich ever comes first

and in that regard nova and rhino are op compaired to the rest and trinity is SO op that she is "usless" you dont need her you might aswell use a diffrent frame

Enemies arent yet properly balanced with player power obviously

How about some end game content then. Until then, theres not much else to do. (Unless coming to the forums now constitutes as playing the game). Perhaps thats why you and everybody else is here complaining about something rather than enjoying themselves and playing the game.

Those that enjoy the game, do. Those who don't, preach.

The only things that need to happen with trinity are :

Blessing + Link self damage combo removed

Blessing given a 'generous' range. 50 meters by max rank (change-able by mods) seems ok-ish

If this game is to promote team play, then removing the infinite range of blessing would be an actual blessing. Playing trinity in a pub game is an absolute hair ripping experience. That is until you withhold blessing from hallway heroes so that they learn a lesson. People who actually have team play would not negatively be affected by a 'nerf' to blessing in the form of range limitation.

Dont come in here with that BS

I play and enjoy the game as much as anyone else

You have no right to discredit anyone based on your own ignorant half thought assumptions

50 meters is beyond generous after mods

Try 20-30

Says who?

If that is the case why are such enemies accesible in the first place?

Since they are accesible to everyone , they can very well be considered part of the game.

Because we have infinite waves?

The idea was to go as long as you could before enemies are too strong for your defenses

Not have one frame cover defense and go as far as your broken damage levels take you

This is why the intended end game needs to be rebalanced to fit how strong weve become

Because we have infinite waves?

Infinite waves don't nececeraly mean infinite enemy scaling ,they could have hardcaped it at some point.

Not have one frame cover defense and go as far as your broken damage levels take you

Agreed on the first part about defense,however how exactly is damage broken (broken in general , not for low levels missions)?

Seems to me , that we were intended to have such powerfull weapons.

This is why the intended end game needs to be rebalanced to fit how strong weve become

Exactly , however i don't think that can be accomplished by nerfing everything(godmode excluded).

Infinite waves don't nececeraly mean infinite enemy scaling ,they could have hardcaped it at some point.

Agreed on the first part about defense,however how exactly is damage broken (broken in general , not for low levels missions)?

Seems to me , that we were intended to have such powerfull weapons.

Exactly , however i don't think that can be accomplished by nerfing everything(godmode excluded).

If they did have a hard cap it wouldnt matter when weve reached a point where killing even a single enemy could take minutes with even something as powerful as the ogris

Its no secret that our weapons are much more powerful than our defenses

Defense is balanced more or less around what it should be for the most part. Damage skills fly far beyond what out defense could possibly reach

You can hit 2 million damage but cant take a 2 million damage hit. Any enemy that takes 2 M damage is probably more than able to wipe out a player in a single hit

Im not after nerfing everything. Noone is. I dont know why that was even brought up

Im not after nerfing everything. Noone is. I dont know why that was even brought up

I was refering to the trend, that started with blessing (justifiably) , continued with nova and fleeting expertise , and it's probably gonna move on to something else afterwards.

Link should not work with blessing. Trinity would need to take actual damage to deal damage via link. Link should be determined by LOS (unlimited radius, LOS would be a huge limiting factor as it is). Problem solved. i would rather see Link removed altogether and replaced with something else. It is a dumb ability and does not fit the "cleric/healer" class at all.

Blessing shouldn't have infinite radius, but should have faster casting time to make up for it. Blessing should only recharge shield and health, while making you/your team immune to procs. Immunity to damage should be removed. Another problem solved.

People aren't angry at blessing. They are angry at trinity builds who level entire maps with link&blessing&shooting your feet. It is silly as hell and does not fit the game theme at all.

Abilities 1,2 should be revamped to be useful. They need perfect aim, and your team rarely understand they need to shoot the affected targets. Besides stagger, these abilities (well of life, energy vampire) barely offer anything useful. The HP and energy recovery is hilariously ineffective.

Edited by HansJurgen

People aren't angry at blessing. They are angry at trinity builds who level entire maps with link&blessing&shooting your feet. It is silly as hell and does not fit the game theme at all.

I dunno. I'm angry that whenever there's a trinity on my team I can just stand between six corrupted heavy gunners and kill them one by one with my bow with no risk involved. And when Blessing wears off another one is cast before I die.

I dunno. I'm angry that whenever there's a trinity on my team I can just stand between six corrupted heavy gunners and kill them one by one with my bow with no risk involved. And when Blessing wears off another one is cast before I die.

That too, no doubt.

Personally, I am not angry at the imbalance of guns/warframe. Rather I am upset with the lack of real customization (hundreds of mods and guns and only a handful that are useful), and lack of variety in terms of game experience. Every map is essentially a oversized hallways. Available tasks vary between delivering/collecting a package while killing X, or straight up kill X, get out, collect reward. Not the reward you were looking for? Start over.

No matter the mission or tile set, everything plays the same. Mobs are the same, and you are required to basically kill everything in sight in the same manner you did back when you started on Venus. If it wasn't boring the first 100 times you did that, it will sure will after another 100 same-y runs.

Even if Trinity and Nova are nerfed. Then, the community will find something else to complain about, such as Rhino's Stomp and Iron Skin, then Hidroid's tentacles, then Mag's shield polarize and pull. Then, Valkyr's hysteria and warcry. Then, Nyx's Chaos and Absorb. Then, Zephyr's tornadoes. Then Volt's Overload. Then Loki's invisibility and radial disarm. Then Excalibur's radial blind. Then Soma and Boltor P, marelok and brakk. Believe it, because this has been happening for years while the core of the game hasn't changed one bit: hallway, generic shooter with massive rng grind walls to boot.

So on, so forth, ad infinitum. All the while, the core of the issue remains ignored: nothing the game throws at you poses any real challenge, nor it manages to provide any sort of excitement past its first impression play through (where the game is at its best).

Edited by HansJurgen

Add to that one of those insta kill ability frame, and there is no need to even be in the same room as your computer.

I was refering to the trend, that started with blessing (justifiably) , continued with nova and fleeting expertise , and it's probably gonna move on to something else afterwards.

There will always be people calling for nerfs...

But the game is in beta

Itll work out for the best in the end

and I say let loose the hounds of war and wreck havoc upon the the lvl 600+

And if you nerf blessing I'll just switch to a maxed radial disarm and then we will still be able to kill them all with a loki + vauban combo....

so give up blessing is no op it's only the easiest way to do things in high lvl random groups

and I say let loose the hounds of war and wreck havoc upon the the lvl 600+

And if you nerf blessing I'll just switch to a maxed radial disarm and then we will still be able to kill them all with a loki + vauban combo....

so give up blessing is no op it's only the easiest way to do things in high lvl random groups

This OP thing doesnt need to be nerfed because of this other OP thing exists

With that logic nothing will be balanced

This OP thing doesnt need to be nerfed because of this other OP thing exists

With that logic nothing will be balanced

so leave the balancing to the devs and enjoy the game instead of going sround looking for what you consider to be flaws.

and if you don't like a warframe then don't use it

just like I don't like saryn and thus let it gather dust in my arsenal

BTW most ppl that I've played with consider radial disarm useless

at the end of the day it all comes down to how and when you use an ability, which in turn depends on how your frame us modded, formad and potatoed.

and we with 1000+ hours played, like a challange thus we go for the never ending missions and challanges.