The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tentacle Swarm Rework

Drunken_Child

So I have been using Hydroid quite a bit since U13. I have learned to love tentacle swarm, but I think it could be better.

So tentacle swarm is arguable his only damage ability. Yes there is Tempest barage but thats kind of a hit or miss. But back to T Swarm. I think it would be better as a crowd control ability and lose some damage. T Swarm can miss enmeies dirctly next to it becuse it falls more or less in a + pattern. I think it would be bellter with more diagonal sweeping arcs. But to further the crowd control here we should not cap the amount of enemies a tentacle can trap. For those crying out this is too OP well you could compensate by decreasing the damage.

The only thing I would change is having tentacles apply knockdown instead of ragdolling every last enemy that strolls along, making it hell to aim at stretching body parts. Keep the dead bodies sticking though, that looks funny.

The only thing I would change is having tentacles apply knockdown instead of ragdolling every last enemy that strolls along, making it hell to aim at stretching body parts. Keep the dead bodies sticking though, that looks funny.

Valid point. But I still like the flaling enemies.