The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Rework Ideas

Occonami

So, I've been browsing the forums lately looking at Ash rebalance ideas and humbly submit my own thoughts and experience with Ash stemming from about 224 hours of play (400 total hours, 56% Ash playtime, I love this frame)

Shuriken - I personally love this ability for it's instant auto-aiming abilities from any angle for a quick 500 damage, however it loses it's utility rather quickly. I submit a minor pinning effect be added to the shurikens as a stealthy CC allowing Ash to move more freely about the map or pin pesky fleeing targets in place.

Smokescreen - This is one of the few powers that scales well into higher tiers but it is outclassed by Loki's variant in terms of duration. I think smokescreen's stunning effect should be slightly increased to allow Ash to quickly (Punish his targets with melee) move from the area before his last known position is hammered by the stunned Grineer/Corpus' rifle fire and should act as a very short version of Sayrn's molt distracting close targets to the bloom of smoke; this lends itself to a more combat oriented playstyle

Teleport - I personally don’t have much of a problem with how teleport functions mechanically but I've seen a lot of requests for free teleports and I could get behind that or perhaps a dual usage like Valkyr's Ripline (targeted and free targeted) Targeted would always place you behind the target without alerting him allowing for quick assassinations

For added effect a slight melee damage boost could be applied to the target of your teleport

Another Player also suggested the ability for teleport to be usable during stuns and knockdown effects allowing Ash to quickly recover and punish his targets (and for 75 energy cost this seems sort of fair in my mind, and frankly makes me giddy to think of how amazing it would be)

Of the two ideas I perfer the latter

Bladestorm - Ash's final power is where I have issues deciding what needs to be done. It's strengths lie in the fact it is a targeted long range AoE that deals 2000 damage base. This however is offset by a long debilitating animation cycle that forces players to sit and wait as the animation plays out

One player suggested simply have Ash spawn multiple copies of himself to deal with multiple targets at a time allowing Ash to clean up stragglers with ease and efficiency; personally this seems like the optimal solution

Another suggested Ash's Bladestorm should apply some sort of effect such as a bleed, slow or damage boost for teamates, however I feel this dosent offset the primary complaint of being locked in a long animation unable to react to players going down or life support falling low

I'd like to hear your thoughts on my ideas

Edited by Occonami