The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lag For Team When Hosting - Started Today

Rajko

I was wondering if the community had an ideas on this?  Starting this evening, hosting tower defense, team members complained of severe lag.  On my end I had none, and normally host tower runs often without any complaint.

I bounced my router and performed a speed test, and saw a good connection speed.

Rebooted and still tested okay, hosted another match and heard similar feedback. 

Joined another player's session, and nobody had lag BUT me, and it got pretty magical with the stop motion enemies.  However, the other players were moving around fine.

This is new for me, normally I have a flawless hosting or client experience.

I used the warframe test in the options menu, and it reported nominal as well, but I don't know what that actually tests.

The in-game connection test only tests open ports (NAT) and the ability for other players to connect to you.

In-game "lag" is ususally due to either the host's connection being choked (because warframe likes to eat hundreds of KBPS of bandwidth) or packet loss.

Since the problem just started happening, I'm leaning towards something hinky with your personal connection; seeing as how only you were having connection and lag problems in a game.