Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deep Freeze (Rifle Mod)

TokenAznGuy

Question

16 answers to this question

While farming for mods I only started getting any freeze mods in infested defense missions (I doubt it needs to be defense). I haven't gotten a single freeze mod of any type from corpus or grineer, either through bad luck or it's just not the type of mods they drop.

I've gotten Freeze mods for Pistols and Shotguns from both Grineer and Infested.

I have been soloing Infested Defense missions to wave 10 with Ember frame for awhile now as well, with no luck.

Maybe I'm just really unlucky.

Sad days.

Welp, four days later, grinding defense maps for all 3 factions and still no Deep Freeze for rifle.

If anyone has gotten one recently and remember what faction/where, I'd really appreciate it.

I know they're supposed to be random drops, but it couldn't hurt.

I got a Freeze mod, a Fire mod and an AP mod for every weapon in Kiliken in the first 10 waves.

Damn I was so lucky...

And also got alot of other great mods, like Barrel Diffusion, Fury, Killing Blow etc.

After that game, I never needed to farm for mods again...

Unless the new mods arrive of course xD

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.

Just did like 4 or 5 runs to waves 10 or 15.

Drops the same stuff as everything else.

The infested maps drop more mods, honestly.

Guess I'm just crazy unlucky.

Edited by TokenAznGuy

Just a thought, maybe try normal missions instead of defense? I'm clearing ~300 mobs (infested) per mission of whatever type (less on extermination for obvious reasons - no spawns everything predetermined at start). And is way faster than defense where after a certain wave depending on level it takes longer and longer to kill them (or wait for them to kill eachother in Chaos).

RNG is annoying. I must have looted close to 1000 Mods (currently having 700 in my inventory) and i didn't find a single Pistol Convulsion(electricity) Mod...

Now with the nerf to Rare Mods droprates it is even harder to get the Elemental Mods.

Just a thought, maybe try normal missions instead of defense? I'm clearing ~300 mobs (infested) per mission of whatever type (less on extermination for obvious reasons - no spawns everything predetermined at start). And is way faster than defense where after a certain wave depending on level it takes longer and longer to kill them (or wait for them to kill eachother in Chaos).

Hmm, I'll try that. Thanks.

And yeah, RNG sucks.

There's about ~135ish possible mods, including the various types of Fusion Cores.

I've probably looted well over a thousand by now, considering at one point, i had about 35 pages of mods with 0 cores.

That's with me fusing and selling useless ones for me like Revenge/Ghost/Thief's Wit/etc.

Yet 0 of the rifle freeze mod.

I think I've literally looted EVERY other mod, including at least one of every skill for every warframe.

Anyway, I don't want to go on a rant.

Thanks Anelyn, I'll try doing some normal missions as well.

Defense missions are just easier since they basically just swarm you in one spot.

Also I noticed I get more mods in Defense than normal ones considering I usually leave with ~10 mods; but no harm in trying.