Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Earning Credits, Fixes For Farming, Etc.

SFkenny

At the moment, the most effective way to get weapons that are usable on the higher level contracts is to grind Mercury levels like M Prime and Terminus. This is boring and tedious, and adding the rare drop nerf makes the grinding experience even worse. I propose the following:

#1. Find ways to encourage players to "box above their weight." Add bonus XP or increased Rare drops for taking underlevelled items, weapons, and Warframes into higher level maps.

#2. Improve the stealth mechanics. Combined with #1, players going stealthily on higher level maps will have an incentive to experiment with new frames and potentially invest in more Platnium to expand their arsenal. It also feels more fair.

#3. Expand the fusion system. At present, combining cards of the same type in fusion results in better variants of that card. Fusion cores can also be used the same way. I propose that fusing different types of cards can make OTHER cards, similar to Persona fusions in the "Persona" RPG series. Fusions of certain items should result in a related card at a higher level, or possibly a Rare drop.

Im not all for number one.

Maybe you are trying to do Ceres Exta and someone brings something like a level 1 Furis. That could be very frustrating having someone like that on your team. There are probably ways around that i hope.

Other than that i really like number two and three.

I realized with #2 that that unbalances the game in favor of stealth play. I would add a corollary to #2:

#2a. For more action oriented players, perhaps a "kill chaining" mechanic could be added to increase the reward multiplier for enemies killed in rapid succession. Kill a bunch of enemies in a row, get more stuff. For the tactical players, all stealth kills get a similarly ascending multiplier. It all balances out that way in theory.

Responding to your criticism of #1, perhaps some of the bonus XP could go to the team as well to encourage more experienced fireteams to tutor noobs. This one is just sort of an idea and could potentially be a bit exploitative if people intentionally take low level Warframes to increase team XP. But I'd like to think #2 and #3 are solid.