Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Little Finger Is Killing Me, How About Sprint Toggle..anyone?

Skilful_Scalpel

Hi there

since i knew about this game, i couldn't stop playing it, it's great..i am putting crazy hours into this it and i am really not that type of Gamer, but it's THAT good..

now the thing is, we run in this game most of the time (if not ALL the time) till our stamina runs out, we only wait for it to recharge and go for another marathon..

couple that with having to hold Ctrl for the slide (which is weirdly apealing to do even if it does not have any actual function) and you have a little finger murder at your hands, and this game is the Crime scene!

well, it's not that bad, but after a playing session of 5-6 hours, my finger gets sour and i have to call it a night for warframe...

i know i can always go for the Controller, but everybody knows that's not nearly as good..

SO, actual solutions?..i have some..make the Shift Key actually TOGGLES Sprint, and rolling (which is used far less frequently) could be pulled by double tapping shift, or double tapping the direction key you want to roll in..

how about that?...

EDIT: here's something i cooked up really quickly :D

Alright Guys, No more suffering..i have came up with a script for a program called "AutoHotKey" that does exactly what you want

NOW YOU CAN DOUBLE TAP "W" FOR SPRINT/CRUISE CONTROL STYLE RUNNING

at least till they come up with an update that introduces this officially anyway..

Here's How

1) Download Autohotkey for Free ( Google it, i don't know if i am allowed to post External links here)

2) Install it

3) create a new Text file and paste the following into it

lasttime = 0

~W::

If (a_tickCount-lasttime < 600)

{

Send, {LShift down}

KeyWait, W, U

Send, {LShift up}

Return

}

lasttime:=a_tickCount

Return

4) Save it

5) now rename it to "Warframe.ahk" or anything you want as long as it ends in ".Ahk"

Note: for those with hidden extensions, you can enable that by going into Control Panel>Folder Options >View> and untick "Hide Extensions for Known File Types"

6) double click your Ahk file and you should see an icon with the annotation "Warframe" in the system tray..

7) now Run the game, and Sprint as it was meant to Be :D

this is by far not a final solution and i know the devs will fix this, maybe in the next hotfix, but until then, give your pinky a break and use this script :)

Edit 2: Version 2.0 allows for Sprint toggle with shift as double tapping turned out to be not that reliable after all..

follow here if you are interested

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/23839-double-tap-w-for-sprinting-instead-of-holding-shift-the-workaround/

Edited by Skilful_Scalpel

Or you can change your key, in the mean-time.

But a toggle solution would be good too. I too want to toggle sprinting, mainly because I found a way to run quicker and it kills me to press Shift more often than before.

I was getting pain in my left pinky from holding down SHIFT as well. I remapped Sprint/Roll to Mouse Button 4, one of the side buttons on my Logitech G400.

Now, I use the left SHIFT for Hold to Crouch, as I do in most every game I play.

You could also swap the Mouse Button 2 (Aim Weapon) and SHIFT (Sprint/Roll) maps, if you don't have a Mouse 4 or 5 to spare.

Edited by DEATHLOK

unfortuantely, after building my rig to be a 5-6 year-proof one, i Had to get a generic 2 button mouse on this one..

well sure, i can always remap that button, but really all the good spots are taken.unless i have a spare mouse button i am really screwed.

will try the mouse 3 but i don't know if that's even doable if i am try to run and gun really fast like this game always demanding

unfortuantely, after building my rig to be a 5-6 year-proof one, i Had to get a generic 2 button mouse on this one..

well sure, i can always remap that button, but really all the good spots are taken.unless i have a spare mouse button i am really screwed.

will try the mouse 3 but i don't know if that's even doable if i am try to run and gun really fast like this game always demanding

Here's an idea:

Get an extra finger.

I'll try to grow one too while we wait for the update.

Hmm tough call, since there's sprinting, sliding, crouching and rolling to contend with. I agree that I spend a lot of time sprinting and my pinky finger starts to ache after a time, but maybe CAPS LOCK could be used as a sort of 'cruise control' for sprinting which is disengaged when you hit the SHIFT key for your evasive maneuvers.

Alternatively, doubletapping W could engage that cruise control, which is disengaged when the SHIFT key is hit or you release the W key.

Hmm tough call, since there's sprinting, sliding, crouching and rolling to contend with. I agree that I spend a lot of time sprinting and my pinky finger starts to ache after a time, but maybe CAPS LOCK could be used as a sort of 'cruise control' for sprinting which is disengaged when you hit the SHIFT key for your evasive maneuvers.

Alternatively, doubletapping W could engage that cruise control, which is disengaged when the SHIFT key is hit or you release the W key.

Again, good Idea..double tapping for cruise control seems way more appealing than double tapping for rolling..

i tried mouse 3 for sprinting, turns out i can't hold a button on the mouse and move it effectively unless it's on the side, or on of the two main buttons..

the mouse 3 button is not in the same level, and have a diffrent click than the others..it's just hard to move about holding it..

but that's just me, any of you guys got any luck finiding a work around till we find a solution for this?

My crouch is C. Melee is on side mouse buttons, and so is switch weapon.

That way, I can aim while meleeing, sprint and slide while keeping a finger on W to do a sliding melee attack. It's all much more fluid than default controls. Having ctrl mapped as crouch by default is horrid.

Edited by Vaskadar

i was wondering if i could write a Macro for it..like with autohot key or something..

but putting my utter and complete ignorance with the coding of such macro, i am afraid it may be detected as a potential "threat" by the game's security systems (if it has one, that is :D)

i think an optional doubletapping W for sprint would help many people with cranky pinkyfingers! with only W and SPACE yo just have to click CTRL rather than trying to hold on to SHIFT while pressing CTRL.

this implementation would make the controlls far more fluent for the player and has almost no impact on other movement controls which people wouldnt like.

hitting W twice accidentally cant happen that much and if , it would not be such a great deal since sprinting doesn't change meleemovement that much.

with this (optional) key i am also able to use the third mousebutton for something else rather than another crouching key.

Edited by Kronk