The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember That Game Called Threadspace: Hyperbol From 2007? Man So Much Memories. Some New Info On It Too

Cemges

So I am not exactly promoting a game, because a game from past without players isn't really competent, is it? I hope this doesn't violate forum rules, since it is natural for gamers to talk about games on off topic forums right?

Now do you remember that game, anyone? It was the reason I got steam at first. It was frikin awesome. Tactical 3d spaceship shooter on 3rd plan,  a Spaceship MOBA maybe, on a 2 dimensional platform that is. You had 6 different modules, and 6 points, so you could focus on one of these, there are like nukes, tactical ammo that emits or reflects ammo, etc. Tactics and strategy were so good on it, and it was HELL A LOT OF FUN. I am sad it died fast. I saw it standing desperately on my steam library, a treasure waiting to be revived. Man even with bots I had a lot of fun. Multiplay servers were empty as always anyways. Maybe the biggest obstacle was it's 20 bucks price ( it has 1 week demo if you so wish to test it with a group of friends). I rarely play it when some old players are  online, and would start it anyday again if even I had a friend group of 8 players. 

But well, i didn't just stay there and actually e-mailed the developer, which is currently working on a game called Steam Bandits,  And I got some nice news to those who played it back in the day and loved it, I'll actually directly paste the thing:

''We are still planning on doing a patch for Hyperbol, but right now we’re focused on Steam Bandits since that will pay the bills.  Once we’re doing better financially, we’ll work on Hyperbol some more since I still have plans for it.  I’ve thought about taking it F2P, but it depends on a lot of server stuff.  If I had a guess, we’ll probably be able to start working on the patch sometime around September, after Steam Bandits launches.

Feel free to post in the Steam forums as well, since other users might be wondering the same thing you are :-)

- Jason''

So if you were one of the old players of that game, what do you think? It should be fun if it was revived for even some time to tribute it's old days.Also feel free to share old memories, in case you got any.

It's ok if this post doesn't see any appeal, but if you played it at least once, I'd appreciate an answer.

Edited by Cemges