Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Drop Rate For Blueprints

FriendlyMedic

I like the game, I have maxed out my first warframe even. It is really bugging me that I can't seem to unlock another warframe though. I have been trying to unlock trinity for the past week and have done roughly 5-10 runs a day. I have got two out of the three blueprints but it is getting really boring continuesouly trying to unlock something. It will be your downfall if you don't make it easier to unlock something. 20 tries I can understand but 35-70? that is a little rediclious.

So far to get Trinity it took about 45 runs to get the systems, Frost was about 50, Nyx was 3 runs (Got Helm and Chassis on run 1 and 2), Ember took 40 runs, Saryn took 42 runs. It is pretty bad since the drop rate seems to be about 1-2% from what most people can tell. Then again it's just luck like with my Nyx systems, good luck with the farming.

After I got Ember Chassis and Ember Helmet, I arbitrarily decided to count my runs vs Ruk at one point. I got up to 76 before Ember System's dropped. In total it was probably more than 90 runs. I never want to face Ruk again.

I think that the current drop rate is just fine.

One one note, this semi low drop rate keeps cash shop to be an alternative, so people actually buy stuff.

On the other, warframes at least have an actual value.

What if you changed drop rates to lets say 10%?

The value of warframes drops to near 0 since you can build one whenever you desire so.

Its grindy, but its fine in my opinion. It awards more of a feeling of success once you are through it.

"The value of warframes drops to near 0 since you can build one whenever you desire so.

Its grindy, but its fine in my opinion. It awards more of a feeling of success once you are through it."

I disagree that it would drop to 0 if you had to go and do 20ish runs. Also people would have to purchase warframe slots if they wanted to continue unlocking warframes. Currently They are really pushing that you have to pay to play for this game if you look at their market. This is going to stir away a lot of users.

I think that the current drop rate is just fine.

One one note, this semi low drop rate keeps cash shop to be an alternative, so people actually buy stuff.

On the other, warframes at least have an actual value.

What if you changed drop rates to lets say 10%?

The value of warframes drops to near 0 since you can build one whenever you desire so.

Its grindy, but its fine in my opinion. It awards more of a feeling of success once you are through it.

Even if bosses dropped helm->chassis->systems 100% of the time (not saying they should, but if they did), you would still need 84 hours and 95K credits in order to get one and that's without considering the annoying amounts of resources you need (Rubedo I'm looking at you).

They'll NEVER have a value near 0.

I forget where, but there was a topic that explained a birlliant idea for new BP drops. The chance is lowered, but there's also a chance for warframe part parts to drop and craft using that. If anyone could find that that would be rather helpful.

That was my post. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/22003-blueprints-removing-a-bit-of-randomness/

and yeah.. people should bump and +1 my topic so the devs can see it if they agree ;)

I think the drop rates in the game are completely screwed, to be honest. They're just WEIRD. I ran Ruk 15 times for Ember blueprints and only managed to get 2 helmets, while I picked up all 3 Trinity blueprints doing Hek less than 10 times.

But really, it shouldn't be so hard to get BPs at all. Warframes aren't the equivalent of endgame top-level elite gear in other MMOs- they're the equivalent of BASIC GEAR. It's like grinding hours to get your first Ragged Shirt and Training Sword. They should make Frames easier to get and add more actual ELITE content to grind for instead.

Dam I feel so lucky, I was farming rubedo on Everest (not the best idea) I got full trinity 3 times in 15 runs, all got full frost in 8 runs, full rhino in 15, full ember in 9, but this unfortunately means the Rng will come back to bite me when I go For Nyx