Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add More Combos To Iron Phoenix

Deidaku

Yeah, more combo would be nice. I got rid of multiple Crimson Dervishes, because I like Iron Phoenix so far. That combo we do have is super useful for destroying any single target if you can keep them knocked down with high enough attack speed. More Iron Phoenix is something I am never going to be against.

I think that all stances should be on par with each other and be more of a choice of play style, why waste the time animators spent making those stances for them to be competently irrelevant. They also could use more combos in each of the stances, give us some real choice in our fighting styles.

I think bleeding willow and shimmering blight need some love. one combo for each, DE? really? why don't you go buff rhino more instead of fixing things like giving stances more combos. that's probably where you should be spending your time anyway

/sarcasm

but seriously, what's up with the favoritism? meanwhile stuff like tranquil cleave has 3 combos, and the other nikana stance (decisive judgment) has 2. other weapon types are lucky if one of their stances has 2 combos

Instead of having different stance MODS, why can't we just have a moveset for the weapon type? It's not hard. DMC is gonna get compared to this Melee system, so let's do that. Dante can only ADD to his base sword Rebellion's moveset, not take away (unless, of course, he switches weapons and then you have a different moveset altogether).

I understand the difficulty in all the new animations and work that goes into these attack movesets, so why not have them all part of their respective weapons, take away these BS stance mods and slots, and over time, just ADD to the existing movesets? When they released the Nikana set with the one mod, and then later added more attacks but with a second mod? Just combine them!

Now, we all know the answer, and that's why the game is the way it is--artificial padding and grinding for content. It's why they didn't give anybody any basic stance mods (NO, having no stance mod is not "technically" a stance. It's not a stance. As it is, the Glaive lost its fun because all we can to is swing it until we get a mod).

They need to add more combos to more stances, cause stances in general are really underwhelming.

My biggest concern with this is that they create another Clashing Forest disaster, where they add a hard-to-avoid "^E" combo that completely screws over what you were trying to do when activated, or they add another "SE" combo like that new one on Gleaming Talon where players who have "Align Attacks to Camera" disabled will not be able to utilize it in combat (since they'll just attack backwards and completely screw over their mobility by the time they spin around and face forwards again).

Considering the options available, I'm baffled that they even chose the WASD keys as keys that could activate combo chains. I find it hard to believe that out of DE's 100-some staff, not a single one of them plays with "Align attacks to camera" disabled.

Edited by SortaRandom