Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absence Of Mobs On Maps When Playing Solo

Babellon

I've been taking a break from Warframe for a brief time just to unwind a bit. Tonight I decided to go level frost, jumped on a map on mercury expecting to take my time, kill a few mobs, have a little fun. what I found was 26 total mobs between me and 3 sabotage objectives. 26. 

I know that you adjusted the mob density on map levels to scale with number of players. I can even understand how new players would feel this is helpful to their progression to leveling up. How ever, when I go to level a new frame, frost in tonights situation, running a sabotage mission on mercury and in total I find 26 mobs between me and the 3 objectives don't you think the scaling down is a little excessive? 

I've brought this up before, You have solo play as an option on this game, I realize some people think that this game is all about co-op play, and Im sure someone will make the argument that if i want more mobs I should play on public maps with a group. I don't want to. Nor should I have to in order to have fun on the game. I like that co-op play is there, I like that I have the OPTION to  play with others. 

Are you planning to phase out solo play? How does a complete absence of mobs on maps for a single player encourage one to play? I like solo play, I want it to be fun, challenging, enjoyable. I like the feeling I get when I go through that horde of mobs, and complete the objective. Alone. You remove any semblance of enjoyment when I find half the map empty. 

I've noticed a gradual reduction of mobs over time since i started playing in January. My first month in game, was exciting, dynamic, challenging. There were mobs, lots of them, on every map. there were maps i could make 500+ kills on, and I had a wonderful time doing it. Now, I find 26 mobs. and I had to look for those 26. They weren't guarding the objectives. They weren't on patrol. 12 I found in the room after the last objective, there other 14, I found in the room before the extraction. the entire rest of the map was empty. EMPTY.

Please, I am asking you to consider that while scaling down the mob count is helpful for new players, removing all mobs entirely is just as, if not more, detrimental to game play than having to many. After all, if there are no mobs to shoot at, there's no leveling being done.

Signed,

-LTO-Malachi, A Lone Tenno Operative