The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exploding Infested, Reworked.

Knightmarez

I think the orange ex-corpus who explode are done badly.

1. when they pop instead of looking like they were hit with a slash weapon and being cut in half, they instead pop like a paper-thin pinyata.

2. they are so common and do so little damage there is no fear or tension, even on the highest levels.

3. when i see a pack of them, i just run past them playing tag, hearing them pop behind me, no matter what level they are.

So in conclusion....

I would like to see them spawn very rarely, perhaps at higher levels. When they pop they should look more visceral and 'fleshy', and last but  not least, when they DO pop it should be SCARY. Blast damage *and* a wide AOE. Preferably setting off other ones near-by causing a chain reaction.

I want to see just 1 or 2 of them in a pack, and be forced to hit them as a primary target. not tagging them like some kind of twisted version of ''your it'' from primary school.

If there wasen't soo much cry in this forum, they would still be threatning.

I'm still from the time where they could stun-lock you with the explosions. But after soo much cry, they were nerfed. Now they're just some defective Infested unit that has nothing better to do then blow itself up to pieces

Personally listening to the cryers is fine when dealing with low-level runs. If they cause gamer rage then fine....don't let them be in the low level content.

But ruining the game for people who invest 100s of hours is flawed.
I don't mind there being really difficult problems that are key-board-smashing-rage-inducingly hard...as long as its at the end-game content, and as long as its really kinda-my fault for not having skill/good teamwork.

Like the old seeker grenades that would stick to you and stun you. I wouldn't mind if a boss had those. Or if only lvl 50Seekers used them.

We've all played or at least seen Left 4 Dead, right?

Just take a look at the Boomer for an example of an explosive enemy done correctly. A proper exploding enemy should be an uncommon occurrence and a case of 'DROP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING AND KILL IT BEFORE IT GETS CLOSE' rather than being another trash mob that you can pretty much ignore in most cases.

We've all played or at least seen Left 4 Dead, right?

Just take a look at the Boomer for an example of an explosive enemy done correctly. A proper exploding enemy should be an uncommon occurrence and a case of 'DROP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING AND KILL IT BEFORE IT GETS CLOSE' rather than being another trash mob that you can pretty much ignore in most cases.

Another example is the carrier on Halo.  Even though they're more numerable and a lot slower, most people try to take them out ASAP as they don't want to get close and explode into a bunch of little infection slugs right in front of your face.