Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jumping With A Mouse Wheel

Roboplus

I've done this for a while now in online action games. To jump I scroll the mouse wheel forward; to reload I roll it back. Unfortunately given this scheme, this made the wall run maneuvers impossible without an alternate, less easily accessed button specially devoted to it.

I was (and still am) excited to see an option to just press the button once instead of holding it! However, I don't have some kind of special gaming mouse. It's just a regular mouse and the scroll wheel is sort of loose. If I scroll more than one notch when I activate a wall run (which is really easy as it sometimes rests between notches), I'll immediately jump off as soon as I start. But there's a delay between when the game acknowledges that I've jumped twice and when I actually jump off the wall, though. The animation itself can’t be abandoned, but it’s already decided that I’m going to bail. Because of this, I can't even predict when it's going to happen.

If there were even a quarter of a second lockout, during the uninterruptable portion of the animation, where hitting the jump button again wouldn't cause you to abandon the wall run, it would certainly make things a lot easier on me.

Thanks.

I would never have asked for the option to just tap the jump button and activate a wall run. Control and UI time I would consider best spent elsewhere.

But every other stock animation in the game locks out at least some of your controls. You won't fire after rolling just because you left clicked during the animation. You won't jump after a charge attack if you pressed the jump button during. You're not going to change directions during the rez animation no matter what direction you press. You still have full camera control, but not until the animation is over do you regain full button input.

I would like this functionality to be extended to all stock animations. If I don't have control of my character, I don't want to be committed to an action that may no longer be desirable by the time the animation is over. I have the same issue with stabbing downed enemies, which I never intentionally do, but sometimes my finger slips while chaining together charge attacks. However, that's not what this topic is about.

It would be beneficial to me if there was a short, jump input lockout during the uncontrollable portion of the wall run animations, yes. I can't imagine being the only one that would find use in it, though possibly for other reasons. Whether those that would participate on the forums or not.