Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feature Requests : Ping, No-Server Option, And Such.

Zycat

I guess I'm minority here who has a limited internet connection, and so I want/need warframe to have some extra features for me and everyone else.

- Join only with Ping below xxx option, so I'm connecting only to hosts that has < 300 stable ping for example.

- No-Server/Hosting option so I won't lag everyone else with my super duper connection. I'd rather go solo on those occassions where I can't join another player's game.

Latency based match making would make a lot more sense than the current region based one imo.

The problem right now is that people are joining match making regions that have people that are too far away for it to be reasonable for them to play in the same mission.

Edited by Aggh

Latency based match making would make a lot more sense than the current region based one imo.

The problem right now is that people are joining match making regions that have people that are too far away for it to be reasonable for them to play in the same mission.

This would only work if the game had a quick match system since you pick what mission you want to do and only a handful of people are probably in that system much less the actual mission you want this wouldnt work.

This would only work if the game had a quick match system since you pick what mission you want to do and only a handful of people are probably in that system much less the actual mission you want this wouldnt work.

That's what the game has right now; you select a missions, the game searches for squads/players that are playing or want to play the mission in your match making region and it matches you with them. Having it make it's selection based on the optimal latency in the entire player base would actually mean that the game would have a larger pool of players to select from.

I'm assuming that the reasoning behind the region based match making was to make match making faster/more efficient, but in the long run the structure of the systemis self defeating.. Thus we currently have have people from Australia playing in the US east coast matchmaking system while Oceania match making region is mostly empty. Having it group people from the entire player base would make it more likely that people from the same region would be matched together.

Edited by Aggh

you select a missions, the game searches for squads/players that are playing or want to play the mission in your match making region

As I said how many people are usually on the same mission you want to do? Not many since there are so many different mission and places to go. Unless they had a quick match button so you could just automatically find someone with the lowest ping to you this would not work.

Edit: Maybe if you could just pick a planet and search for people with the lowest ping this would work but other than that I dont see it happening.

Edited by Sgt.Frog

As I said how many people are usually on the same mission you want to do? Not many since there are so many different mission and places to go. Unless they had a quick match button so you could just automatically find someone with the lowest ping to you this would not work.

Edit: Maybe if you could just pick a planet and search for people with the lowest ping this would work but other than that I dont see it happening.

What do you not get that when you select a mission the game is automatically already doing match making? The problem that you are talking about already exists and is in fact, exacerbated by the current match making system.

Getting rid of the region based system and having it do match making based on ping would simply mean the pool of players for each mission would be larger. It'd would fix the issue of the current user selected region based match making splitting actual regions of players and make it more likely that you'd be match with players that are closer to you.

Edited by Aggh

What do you not get that when you select a mission the game is automatically already doing match making? The problem that you are talking about already exists and is in fact, exacerbated by the current match making system.

Getting rid of the region based system and having it do match making based on ping would simply mean the pool of players for each mission would be larger and that you'd be more likely to be matched with people that are closer to you since you wouldn't have the issue of the region system splitting players that are actually from the same region.

If there is only one player in that mission it doesnt matter whos ping is better you are either going to lag or you are going to not lag... If there is no one in that mission you can wait for someone to get in there and play and there is no promise of picking a person with a good ping if only one person is in the mission. If you pick a system of missions however like a planet then it could go through and find the person with the lowest ping and put you with them if you dont really care about doing a certain mission. Other than the system thing there is no point because I havent really seen more than 2 or 3 people on a certain mission at one time. While you are arguing with me on this you could take some time and order better internet from K-mart where I am assuming your internet is already coming from. If you want a good connection you cant always blame servers and how you connect with an individual. Sometimes your internet is just crap.

If there is only one player in that mission it doesnt matter whos ping is better you are either going to lag or you are going to not lag... If there is no one in that mission you can wait for someone to get in there and play and there is no promise of picking a person with a good ping if only one person is in the mission. If you pick a system of missions however like a planet then it could go through and find the person with the lowest ping and put you with them if you dont really care about doing a certain mission. Other than the system thing there is no point because I havent really seen more than 2 or 3 people on a certain mission at one time. While you are arguing with me on this you could take some time and order better internet from K-mart where I am assuming your internet is already coming from. If you want a good connection you cant always blame servers and how you connect with an individual. Sometimes your internet is just crap.

WHICH IS AN ISSUE THAT THE CURRENT SYSTEM ALREADY HAS. Please learn how to use paragraphs and gain some basic critical thinking skills. Holy S#&$.

That is not a good reason to not change the system in a way that would widen the pool of potential players and get around the issues that user selected region match making presents.

Also, I have a 20 mb cable line and am actually on the US East coast. The reason I'd like to see latency based match making is because I don't want to play with hosts that are playing on tin can internet connections half way around the world. Even the best internet connections will not allow you to play well with a host that is too far away and doesn't have a connection suited to hosting a game.

Edited by Aggh

WHICH IS AN ISSUE THAT THE CURRENT SYSTEM ALREADY HAS. Please learn how to use paragraphs and gain some basic critical thinking skills. Holy S#&$.

That is not a good reason to not change the system in a way that would widen the pool of potential players and get around the issues that user selected region match making presents.

Are you mad? What I am saying its a waste of time to put this in without quick match. By quickmatch I mean match you with the best ping no matter what ping they are on. I dont care to use paragraphs because "nobody got time for that."

Edit: The idea isn't a horrible one by all means but redoing the system just for people with crappy internet is dumb because even a basic package should be enough to have a ping lower than 100... If you have crap running in the background or a computer that can't handle this game that is of no fault of the devs.

Edited by Sgt.Frog

Are you mad? What I am saying its a waste of time to put this in without quick match. By quickmatch I mean match you with the best ping no matter what ping they are on. I dont care to use paragraphs because "nobody got time for that."

WE ALREADY HAVE QUICK MATCH MAKING. THAT'S HOW THE BLOODY MATCHMAKING SYSTEM WORKS.

You click on a system and it @(*()$ matches you with other people. Getting rid of regions would mean that there would be MORE PEOPLE ON EACH MISSION TO POTENTIALLY MATCH YOU WITH. Making the match making based on latency would mean that you would be less likely to be matched with S#&$ty hosts. How the hell is this not piercing your skull?

Talking to stupid people?

aintnobodygottimefodats.jpg

*ignored*

Edited by Aggh

WE ALREADY HAVE QUICK MATCH MAKING. THAT'S HOW THE BLOODY MATCHMAKING SYSTEM WORKS.

That isn't a quick match. That is picking your mission and you are matched with SOMEONE IN THAT MISSION. Quick match is you pick a PLANET and you are matched with someone random in the planet no matter the mission.

so me playing on a connection that gives me 700ms+ ping within my own country would leave me where exactly?

Leave the matchmaking system as is please, I prefer to play with friends most of the time but i do pug it occasionally and when i solo, i set it to solo.

OP: I'm sorry but it's lag, it's never going to go away and you may find that you become a better player when dealing with it :)

Edit: Sgt,Frog's idea is a sound one to improve the system, but say for instance if you wanted to finish off the right side of the planet and you got landed on the left? What do you do, leave and join again?

Edited by Sgt_Bilko

Edit: Sgt,Frog's idea is a sound one to improve the system, but say for instance if you wanted to finish off the right side of the planet and you got landed on the left? What do you do, leave and join again?

I know thats what I am saying there is no point in trying to find a ping that can match yours especially when most of the time when you pick a certain mission there are only 3-5 people in the mission anyway. Maybe if there were 50+ in any mission at any given time that system would be worth it but its not worth wasting the devs time trying to do that when there aren't many options anyway and most of the world has internet that isn't crap like whoever is having this issue.

Basically I'd rather solo than playing with unplayable lag, but given the slightest chance I'd rather pug than solo, hence the two options. And please I don't want to be the host when I'm queuing for a certain mission, thats all. I honestly have no qualms playing with lag(kinda adjusted to it even with fps games) but when lags prevents me to go through certain doors ( doors won't open, doors half open, switches that does not work for me, etc) I'm &!$$ed.

Enough with the system change, I didn't ask for that. I think the current region system is fine, just needs an asia region because a lot of asian players are scattered between EU East, NA West, and Oceania. The game picked EU East for me which is not really ideal. Or even better, put a real world map on the region selection menu and have an option to auto-select regions based on ping.

Basically I'd rather solo than playing with unplayable lag, but given the slightest chance I'd rather pug than solo, hence the two options. And please I don't want to be the host when I'm queuing for a certain mission, thats all. I honestly have no qualms playing with lag(kinda adjusted to it even with fps games) but when lags prevents me to go through certain doors ( doors won't open, doors half open, switches that does not work for me, etc) I'm &!$$ed.

Enough with the system change, I didn't ask for that. I think the current region system is fine, just needs an asia region because a lot of asian players are scattered between EU East, NA West, and Oceania. The game picked EU East for me which is not really ideal. Or even better, put a real world map on the region selection menu and have an option to auto-select regions based on ping.

They'll still play in other regions because they'll all think that the Asian region isn't active enough, and consequently it won't be active. It happens in all games where you can select what region you play in without having to commit to a region/server.

Edited by Aggh