Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover

XxBlackBeautyxX

I think it would be cool if you could press a button and shoot from cover. Like in army of two, Gears of war, or Resident Evil 6 to name a few. The reason I want to be able to use cover would be just for fun. I don't necessarily feel that this would make the game easier or harder I just think it would be a fun option to have. There's also enough diversity in the enemies you encounter that it wouldn't turn into everyone just hiding behind a wall until they shoot all the bad guys. You'd still have to move around to prevent yourself from being flanked or being hacked to death by an enemy. And let's be a little honest I'm sure a friggen Space Ninja would know how to shoot from cover if he wanted too.

Edited by XxBlackBeautyxX

I dislike this idea mainly because I think the idea of the game was to be mobile not hide behind cover until the wave is down, then carry on and hide behind another set of cover. I feel this because how fast enemies can advance on your position. There are situations where this would work but simply ducking and poking out firing works just fine.

@ Jacorvin. I agree with you completely. I just think it would be a nice option to have available. I don't think that adding a cover button would change the dynamics of the game from being mobile to immobile though. There's still enough diversity in the enemies you fight to still make you want to move around and not stay in the same spot forever.

That would encourage most players to camp in safety when facing challenging odds rather than take the risks associated with mobility. Then in later levels when the punishment for poor mobility becomes more obvious, then you run into the issue of players who quit because the style of play they adopted is unable to handle waves after waves of spawning enemies.

It would also encourage DE to code the Grineer/Corpus to lob a lot more grenades or increase the spawn rate of enemies behind the player to force them out of cover.

No. Just no. Magnetizing yourself to the nearest wall for cover kinda contradicts the usual pace of this game a.k.a. jumping from wall to wall and pouncing on enemies. Crouchingin front of something is a perfectly fine cover system in this situation.

Ill tell you if they put in cover shooting they could up the difficulty and people would complain less. If instead of pressing a button what if just pushing up against a wall in crouch for a few seconds made you lean against the wall?

Edit: although the other people against this idea make a good point and I dont disagree I wouldnt hate it to see if it would work.

Edited by Sgt.Frog

I'd be okay with that if that's how it happened. I just say a button because it'd be more controlled. that way for people who wanted to press it they could and no one would have to worry about accidently moving into cover if they didn't want to. also with a button, people who wanted to use the button could use it and people who wanted to stick more with moving around wouldn't have to use it. If you think running around and moving is funner then go ahead and do it, and if you like camping more here's an option for you to do that too.

So I read the FAQ's and here is the answer.

What about a Cover system? What about Stealth? (I'm a ninja, there should be stealth!)

We love cover systems but for Warframe we felt it sacrificed mobility and simplicity too much. Our coming updates continue down this path even more so, emphasizing the agility and speed aspects of the ninja. We hope to convince you this is a better path for Warframe and that slow and tactical, although great on its own, just doesn't fit well with Warframe. As far as stealth goes: we're with you. We have started on this path with Warframe powers (like Ash and Loki), critical bonuses for charged melee attacks on unaware enemies and perception changes when crouching. We are exploring some very cool stuff for stealth that I will talk about once it is in better shape.