Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Is Useless In Co Op.

sgtmelton69

Really? Well damn... at the moment I am on my mission to get all warframes to level 12 and in the process test them all out. Reading that just made me sad to have used some of my plat to unlock Nyx. Are there redeeming qualities at least? Like being fast or tanky? Or other things?

Ah, yeah...you actually disable the enemies and your team kills them easily. Which is by definition "coop". So why again do you say nyx is useless in coop? Because you can't kill of all the enemies by yourself using dmg skills? That's your definition of coop?

As of right now, nyx chaos is the most imbalanced skill in the game, as it is de facto a screen wipe at any difficulty level. It doesn't matter wether you play solo or coop, chaos owns everything, lvl1 leaper as well as lvl130 ancients.

Nyx is amazing, it's my favorite warframe so far. Of course it is more fun to watch the enemies kill each other, but they need to die anyway.

I do sometimes ask my team not to kill the big giant enemies I Mind Control.

Most people don't seem to know what it means when an enemy is glowing green though.

Nyx is amazing, it's my favorite warframe so far. Of course it is more fun to watch the enemies kill each other, but they need to die anyway.

I do sometimes ask my team not to kill the big giant enemies I Mind Control.

Most people don't seem to know what it means when an enemy is glowing green though.

Maybe they mistook the enemy being casted with Well of life.

Nyx is fun though, if you want to get up to wave 20+ in infested defense missions, Nyx are most likely needed

Hmm.. by the looks of things I would say they need to tweak the Mind Control skill a bit. Maybe add in a thing that lets the target of Mind Control to keep 1 HP while it is active so as to actually make it useful? That way your team doesn't kill it by accident (or on purpose if they are that much of a... ya) and when it wears off it won't be much of a bother and you can just dispatch it once it's usefulness has been out lasted. Sound about right to anyone else? I honestly do not know myself yet because I have yet to get to Nyx and see how she handles.

I use Nyx as a main and she is pretty much a beast in coop, especially immobile defence. You seem to be misunderstanding the definition of what co-op is about too, especially in Warframe. Seeing as the game revolves around mods and not levelling up (majorly) anymore. It means that all a team has to do is work together to drop enemies and gain mods, which everyone shares anyway.

So basically your complaint is that you can't kill everyone in a room and look like super jesus infront of the rest of your team? I recommend using a different frame then.

Nyx is a crowd control frame, much like an illusionist mage would be like in an RPG or MMO. She has the ability to disable specific enemy units by using Mind Control and Chaos, which can easily turn the tide of battle in Solo AND Online.

There are times when you will hit Wave 15 on a immobile defence and about to lose only to have you, or someone else activate Chaos in the middle of the *cough* chaos. This in turn forces enemies to fight each other and your team gets to do clean up. Sure they get XP for any enemies you don't kill but don't forget that you get half of the experience from each kill anyway to allow those without much kills to be rewarded in some way.

Use Nyx if you want to take your team far. If you want to be a focused damage dealer then maybe Rhino or Ember might do you well.

Methinks he thought using Chaos to the full effect was "letting them all stay alive long enough for everyone to just kill each other by themselves without any help from outside sources" rather than "crowd control the whole room allowing everyone a fighting chance to destroy their enemies at their wake without any large distraction".

Either way, the ending result is every enemy on the floor, and the whole team still standing at wave 1 million on Xini

Methinks he thought using Chaos to the full effect was "letting them all stay alive long enough for everyone to just kill each other by themselves without any help from outside sources" rather than "crowd control the whole room allowing everyone a fighting chance to destroy their enemies at their wake without any large distraction".

Either way, the ending result is every enemy on the floor, and the whole team still standing at wave 1 million on Xini

Nuff said.

@theOP: It sounds more like you need to tell your teammates not to shoot the green glowing enemies till all the other enemies are dead. the default key to open chat is "T". All that said Nyx is very powerful essentially taking out of the fight all the enemies you control and distacting a similar number non-controlled enemy, making the frame absurdly good at defense missions.

Nyx is... what? Am I in bizarro world?

Chaos is probably the single most overpowred skill in the current game.

You might be able to make a point that nyx is useless in coop because it makes the other 3 players trivial.

Edited by mithie2

No, I nyx is my favorite, and but is useless in terms of meaning. I like watching chargers go at it, but but n9ooooooo team has to kill. I mind control is bugged for me...... Enemy doesn't attack but stops and just takes aggro but gets confused in a big battle...... Nyx awareness is key I guess.

I think mind control is supposed to be that way. Your enemy supposed to be dazed and confused for a few sec and then figures out who to attack. And if there are no enemies around. Its still confused and will shoot at you occasionally. But it is super easy to dodge cause they are still in the control phase. They will mostly stay glowing green in that area. Same with chaos. If you are in a massive group of grineer and spam chaos, then you decided you want to run inbetween them at times, they will turn around and fire at you, cause it's chaos. They will fire at anything they think is an enemy. Which means you and themselves. And mind control is very usefull against enemy bosses aswell. With that delayed reaction stun, it gives you and your teammates a few seconds of freedom to lay down a full clip or more to put some damage on them. Nyx is probably one of my fav's warframes in the whole game. I have all the warframes now even including the 2 new ones that were released from update7 and Nyx is one of the most usefull ones. Especially if you like to do a lot of solo work, it's terrific. Well good luck to you guys, and hope to see you in the game one day, God Bless :)

Oh and I forgot to mention. If you like to power lev melee weapons and such. Nyx is one of the best toons to do it with. Especially spamming chaos. You have it soo easy to get close to the enemy without being nuked down. Just a good tip to beginning Nyx players.