Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Them Space Zombies Better!

Withinfinite

The Infested are not very inspired. I like Space Zombies but their unit composition is rather terrible compered to other games and the other factions in this.

Heres how to make the comp. not terrible and more anti-terrible.

1) Add a Standard, Average Zombie.

Its fun to mow down guys that are terrible at everything. This zombie will have no powers, and will be very the most numerous.

They will become the face of the Infested faction, rather than the Chargers or the Leapers or whatever you consider it now.

2) Add more Variety.

You know all those crawlers? The ones that are always crawlers and crawling around and not able to stand? Make standing versions of them and add more guys that can walk as well.

The horde needs to be colorful. Currently the Infested is one flavor and that flavor is chain stun.

3) Ranged Zombies

All this melee makes the designers overwhelmed to every the Infested have stun attacks Literally every member has a stun that procs one billion percent of forever, (Crawlers dont count because they suck and only spawn on a level if there's a blue moon and then there's like two of them on the other side of the room) and the Ancients range is pretty awful for a "ranged badguy".

Add Ranged Infested to support with spines or vomit or whatever.

4) Less Dog Gamn Health

The point of Zombies in games is to kill ten quadrillion in two seconds. Not to make me kite them for 90% of the level. Kiting can be part of it but I want to murder them without fighting guys with more health than the friggin space marine in super armour with ultra cybernetic implants that was mega trained for this S#&$ better than a dog gamn monster that has the same cloning ravaged body without use of that.

I like the Infected for what they are already. They have their massive numbers, melee and their trademark Ancient Disrupters to &!$$ everyone off.

They don't need to be anyone else's definition of "zombies", because they aren't.

Because they're closer to the Zerg from Starcraft, if anything.

Edited by Shaftronics

1) The standard zombies are probably the leapers and exploding chargers+dogs.

2) The crawlers have standing versions...the toxic ancients and the healer ones/leaper.

3) I actually like that there is at least one faction without ranged projectile attacks.

4) Only the ancients have a good amount of health and even they can be killed pretty fast if you aim for the unarmored leg (or the red sphere (or a bit above it) on the armored one, but why'd you go for the difficult weakpoint :p )

Edited by bakaxy

1) Add a Standard, Average Zombie.

Its fun to mow down guys that are terrible at everything. This zombie will have no powers, and will be very the most numerous.

They will become the face of the Infested faction, rather than the Chargers or the Leapers or whatever you consider it now.

This is what old chargers used to be prior U6.

http://images.wikia.com/warframe/images/8/86/Infested_Charger_2.jpg

Damn good ideas there. I'd love to see more distinction in Infested ranks, than a standard few enemies per room, but melee. Formula "a large horde of regular zombies plus a few elite enemies" would be absolutly awesome!

But if DE just nerf the Chargers, I'll be happy already.

1) The chargers and leapers actually are the standard zombie unit. Just think of it as splitting two behaviors of a standard zombie into two separate enemies.

2) The crawlers (excluding the vomiting or poisonous ones) are actually the leapers and suicide dudes. Sometimes if u shoot a standing enemy in the legs w/out killing it, it will resort to crawling on the ground.

3) The ancients aren't ranged, its really more of a long range melee. I'd say a simple ranged unit would be okay but only as a very small % of infested hordes otherwise it ruins the whole style of infested. I actually like the infested's huge dependence on swarms and melee. Its entirely possible to use melee or ranged tactics against them. When using melee u gotta keep on the move or use sweeping attacks or the swarm will overwhelm u. With ranged there's kiting while u thin out enough of the horde, or u could hop on a box and play "Dawn of the Dead". They're also a nice change from the constant "PEWPEWPEW" of corpus missions.

4) Without the ancients the infested would probly get too easy (especially w/ shotguns). They can create enough panic for the lesser enemies to actually do something, and force players to choose targets wisely. Also w/ some armorpen/freezing mods and headshots they can be pretty manageable.

1) The chargers and leapers actually are the standard zombie unit. Just think of it as splitting two behaviors of a standard zombie into two separate enemies.

2) The crawlers (excluding the vomiting or poisonous ones) are actually the leapers and suicide dudes. Sometimes if u shoot a standing enemy in the legs w/out killing it, it will resort to crawling on the ground.

3) The ancients aren't ranged, its really more of a long range melee. I'd say a simple ranged unit would be okay but only as a very small % of infested hordes otherwise it ruins the whole style of infested. I actually like the infested's huge dependence on swarms and melee. Its entirely possible to use melee or ranged tactics against them. When using melee u gotta keep on the move or use sweeping attacks or the swarm will overwhelm u. With ranged there's kiting while u thin out enough of the horde, or u could hop on a box and play "Dawn of the Dead". They're also a nice change from the constant "PEWPEWPEW" of corpus missions.

4) Without the ancients the infested would probly get too easy (especially w/ shotguns). They can create enough panic for the lesser enemies to actually do something, and force players to choose targets wisely. Also w/ some armorpen/freezing mods and headshots they can be pretty manageable.

+1 I love fighting the Infected as they are

I think there good as they are now, you know actually quite difficult on occasion. As the should be, and why would an intelligent life force bother to create a standard useless soldier. After all the infested seem to be a sort of hive mind.

I meant it more like they're the standard "soldiers" for the infested. I dont mind when they break away from the general slow, dumb zombie or the 28 Days Later, Left4Dead zombie. TBH tho I consider them closer to the Flood from Halo than zombies.

L4D zombies are pretty fast, idk what you were playing...

I wasnt saying L4D zombies are the slow, dumb type. I was describing what I considered to be the two general zombie standards that I see the most. There's the zombie that moves very slow, is very stupid, and doesnt do much. Then there's the zombie that moves pretty fast and frenzies a lot, like the 28 Days Later or L4D zombies.

btw these are just my opinions on the zombie standards