Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ensuring Warframe's Longevity

zelklen

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing more skin options for frames (and weapons :x), but I would also like to receive benefit 'IF' i want to keep using the same frame or weapon I should be able to get something for 'ranking up' purposes.

In regards of cosmetic items: I would like to respectfully point out that you are most likely wrong on the profit aspect.

When is a player more likely to buy/aim for an item? When its a completely pointless accessory, or when that accessory potentially completes their build/play style?

The assumption that for (i.e.) Volt players would be more likely to buy/aim for the Storm helmet without the bonus on power strength is fallacious at best.

It should be obtainable via ? reward missions and it should be tradeable. That way you can avoid p2win and at the same still cash in more than you would by selling "pretty colors".

Its without question that there will be people who will buy the accessories even without stats on them, but if you have profit in sight, then stats on these items are more than a valid encouragement for buying/fine tuning. We only need a trade system to keep stuff circulating and thus preventing p2w issues.

You raise a very compelling arguement. Some other people have mentioned this, and I am starting to believe that the number of players who would RAGE quit because of "Pay2Win" stat affecting items would be minimal if the stat affects were very low (Brokk hammer, not trinity helm. Seriously? 15%? That is half the power of the maxed out mod. Best helmet EVER).

While at the same time it probably would get lots of people who normally wouldn't pay money to do so. Wanting that extra little boost that has almost no noticable game play effect (Except the trinity helmet. Thing is amazing).

Self bump. I would really like to see this game stay around for a while. I enjoy it, though it sorely needs some end game content.

"Stay around for a while" is already out of question.

It entered steam too soon.

It will stick around in steam's most played list for a few weeks and then everybody and their mother will start hating on it because its just a literal grind fest without any point or content to it.

Would the devs have waited a few months longer until there is actually something to do after you have built up/maxed out a frame, then we could be looking at a much brighter future.

I have seen this stuff happen one too many times, and looking at the rate of major updates, the game probably will leave steam's most played list within a month, and never return to it either.

Check out PlanetSide 2. One of the probably most potent and promising shooters out there.

Its literally wrecked by now. They lost roughly 80% of their starting player base due to balance issues, bad patches and mainly: 0 end/game content.

Open beta or not, it was a big mistake to release at this point.

It will do more harm to the player base than good. PlanetSide's example has shown this more than accurately.

Edited by Aerensiniac

If they just add a story or end game stuff then this game would be 100% better, even shoving in a thing like Spartan Ops from Halo4 but not in a medeocre shooter. As I recall, Planetside just advertised itself as a MMO persistant world shooter and, from what I could tell, it didnt seem like it was big on story or any possibility of endgame, given the nature of the game.

If they just add a story or end game stuff then this game would be 100% better, even shoving in a thing like Spartan Ops from Halo4 but not in a medeocre shooter. As I recall, Planetside just advertised itself as a MMO persistant world shooter and, from what I could tell, it didnt seem like it was big on story or any possibility of endgame, given the nature of the game.

That is naturally true, but they wont be able to add these for like what? An another 3-4 months at best?

What do you think how tired everyone will be of this endless grindfest?

The current build wont last 1 month from average player perspective, not to mention 4.

Their only and exclusive save roll is that update 8 will feature something that will keep folks around till they can fix up some end game content.

Should they fail at it then its gg, game over. They will lose the majority of their playerbase just like PlanetSide did.

Edited by Aerensiniac

One of the most overused tactics that game companies use is making the progression part intensively arduous, this in return encourages players to leave before they reach end game instead of experiencing it. I'm glad someone decides to suggest something smart as opposed to, "the game's too easy." I'm all for adding difficult end game content rather than changing up the pace most of us are already used to. Unfortunately, something has to be done with the grind and I feel that I'd have more fun casually bashing mobs for hours as opposed to grinding mobs for days trying to get the mod I want. Something has to be done with the drop rate first off before we approach new content. TL:DR: I want players to be able to enjoy a moderate progression pace and know that by keeping their usual pace, they'll be able to reach end game content moderately fast and if they work a little harder, they'll reach there quickly, but at the same time, they'll enjoy new end game content being put into place that introduces a whole new difficulty level.

Also regarding PvP, I doubt they'd add it in the future whether this game is successful or not as the main core is that it's a pve cooperative and besides, if anything, I'd see them adding more diffcult pve content and even raids. Pvp just doesn't fit in this game in my opinion, especially with some warframes being crudely supportive/stealthy/tanky etc. Balancing already is an issue with mods and other games already have to spend twice the developing time separating pve from pvp. Though if pvp is part of the plan, I wouldn't expect players to go head on but more like a score board based match of "monster bashing" under a timer. 

Spoolooni, your "TL;DR" was basically 2/3rds the length of its post, and was hidden at the end... Just FYI.

That said, I am glad you agree that some really challenging end game content is needed.

As for the mod drops, it used to be (and I am not even joking) that Rare mods were common, and common mods were rare. I had played for over 100 hours before I saw a Warframe Redirection mod. So they are working on it, fine tuning it. Or... Rough tuning it...

They have said that they will add PvP, and that they will not do it any time soon and are not working on it at all right now.

Thank you for your support. I appreciate your praise and am glad you agree with me. I will continue to make edits to it as my opinions on subjects change, or I have better ideas. However my first priority will always be making sure that DE gets as much money as they can from their players. Which means maintaining a high player base, and having powerful incentives to spend money on the game as opposed to farming.

I personally would also like to see a priority placed on environments and end game content (I'm looking at you, mission with multiple level 75 bosses in it). However my primary focus for this thread has, and will always be, getting DE money and making sure the game is fun (Those two actually go hand in hand). So in that regard, DE needs to focus on making warframe skins.

You're probably thinking that they should focus on fixing bugs, so that they can get the game out of beta and release it.

However, your thoughts on that matter would be wrong, because with a free2play game, there is nothing to be gained by a company "releasing" the game, if they are capable of already making money on it while it is in beta. That said, more money means more content and patches, which will ultimately lead to the game being "released".

I'm glad that the Devs actually did implemented some of the stuffs that were stated in the first post (i.e. UPDATE - Mastery levels unlocking more warframe and weapon slots was confirmed during the 3rd Live Stream.)

Maybe they already had that in mind, but no matter what, i find this a very thought provoking post. Hope the Devs will take up more of the suggestions here :D

So, it seems that the odds are that unless this gets a couple hundred replies and a couple thousand view, the devs will never even look at it. Which is why I try to bump it if it hasn't been posted on for more than 2 days. But there is a limit to the amount of self bumping that is acceptable to do on ones post.

I thank you guys for your support, and am glad that you are pleased with my suggestions. Criticism is also welcome (as long as it isn't dumb, such as "Everything needs to be super easy to get and free, that way DE goes out of buisness), as without it it is hard to improve on my ideas.

So, it seems that the odds are that unless this gets a couple hundred replies and a couple thousand view, the devs will never even look at it. Which is why I try to bump it if it hasn't been posted on for more than 2 days. But there is a limit to the amount of self bumping that is acceptable to do on ones post.

I thank you guys for your support, and am glad that you are pleased with my suggestions. Criticism is also welcome (as long as it isn't dumb, such as "Everything needs to be super easy to get and free, that way DE goes out of buisness), as without it it is hard to improve on my ideas.

I have already PMed it to Steve.

I'm probably going to PM it to every other DE account I can think of as well.

I don't really understand what that means... Something inside of me kinda hopes that I get credit for my presentation of thoughts, but the most important thing here is that it gets seen, and that Warframe stays around.

I want to log many more hours of mindless grinding, and I want levels and are so incredibly hard that my friends and I (with our premediated party of 4, with all super charged frames and equipment and maxed level mods) die numerous times trying to beat it (And not just because every enemy is level 125. Though... Honestly I might be ok with that. But I do want multiple jackels to fight throughout the level).

Any way, thank you fishworshipper.

I don't really understand what that means... Something inside of me kinda hopes that I get credit for my presentation of thoughts, but the most important thing here is that it gets seen, and that Warframe stays around.

I want to log many more hours of mindless grinding, and I want levels and are so incredibly hard that my friends and I (with our premediated party of 4, with all super charged frames and equipment and maxed level mods) die numerous times trying to beat it (And not just because every enemy is level 125. Though... Honestly I might be ok with that. But I do want multiple jackels to fight throughout the level).

Any way, thank you fishworshipper.

I mean that I PMed him a link to this page and the words "Read it. Please."

Can i suggest something? So now you can make 3 accounts and have all the free slots that you need and 3 warframes for free.

Why don't DE make it similar to TF2, in that you can only have 4 slots at the begining, but if you purchase even the lowest amount, 4 euro, all the slots are unlocked and you can spend your money on potatoes or whatever you want. I think that this would be a good compromise, because even if you buy 4 euro you can only have max 8 warframes and no reactors/catalysts and your better off just making a new account if you need more slots.

That is a very interesting suggestion, and while I definitely think that it has merit, it also has some draw backs. Allow me to explain.

In live stream 3 they confirmed that they planned on having warframe slots (and possibly weapon slows) unlock as you gain mastery levels. How many, and at which levels remains to be seen, but it still addresses the major issue to some extend.

Having 3 accounts (for example) would get you 6 warframe slots, and 150 plat (isolated to the respective accounts). But as a player you couldn't simply move mods from one weapon or warframe to another. You would need totally new mods. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure. It would pretty much require you to spend a multiplied amount of time playing the game, as you would want to make out not just 1 redirection mod, but 3, and the more time you spend playing, the more time you have to spend money.

Finally, every account, every warframe slot, and every item slot, costs DE money (they have to store the data). This is very important to keep in mind on the subject.

That is a very interesting suggestion, and while I definitely think that it has merit, it also has some draw backs. Allow me to explain.

In live stream 3 they confirmed that they planned on having warframe slots (and possibly weapon slows) unlock as you gain mastery levels. How many, and at which levels remains to be seen, but it still addresses the major issue to some extend.

Having 3 accounts (for example) would get you 6 warframe slots, and 150 plat (isolated to the respective accounts). But as a player you couldn't simply move mods from one weapon or warframe to another. You would need totally new mods. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure. It would pretty much require you to spend a multiplied amount of time playing the game, as you would want to make out not just 1 redirection mod, but 3, and the more time you spend playing, the more time you have to spend money.

Finally, every account, every warframe slot, and every item slot, costs DE money (they have to store the data). This is very important to keep in mind on the subject.

Well thing is that common mods like redirection are quite easy to get and while leveling a new free warframe for which you didn't need to farm i think that you will get enough mods to be pretty good with. So yeah you have to get all the mods again, but you also don't have to farm for a new warframe anymore, so IMO it's a win-win. That's why i was suggesting that even if you buy a little like 4 euros to have every slot unlocked instead of just 4, or 8 if you want to consume all your plat and have nothing left. I don't really feel like i get enough bang for my buck honestly since the game is grindy enough anyway and i have to pay something like 10 euros just to have all the slots unlocked without buying a warframe, so i have to play another 100 or more hours to unlock the rest of the warframes, not considering the fact that more warframes are going to be released so you will have to pay even more to get the slots. If you pay 4 euro and have all slots unlocked, you can use the rest to buy some potatoes (3 potatoes) and you can upgrade what you want and if you find more warframes that you like maybe you'd also want to upgrade those aswell.

Just my own opinion, as this is mostly the only thing preventing me from wanting to support this game becasue i really dislike it's F2P model at the moment.

Also i don't really understand this part: "and the more time you spend playing, the more time you have to spend money"

EDIT: Forgot one thing, "Finally, every account, every warframe slot, and every item slot, costs DE money (they have to store the data). This is very important to keep in mind on the subject." this is correct and by making people make more account DE looses more money instead of making people have only one account.

Edited by Story4