Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion To The Tenno's Enemies: Step Up Your Game

Commander5exy

For all the taunts and boasts, the enemies of the Tenno hardly do anything to stop the ninjas of space from sprinting through their ships and bases. Their defenses are so poor that all but the most fresh of Tenno easily slip past their pathetic "fortifications". The Corpus employ laser grids in front of their doors, we don't even shoot the cameras to take them down. The Grineer use magnetic shields to remove our powers, but it doesn't stop our blades nor our bullets. The Infested move faster than us in a straight line, but we don't run in straight lines do we? No, the world is our playground.

And I find this lack of challenge boring.

Since the factions that stand against the Tenno are so incompetant and incapable that their only method of destroying us is throwing enough of their forces at us, I find it necessary to inform my enemies on how to better challenge us. Below is a list of suggestions to actually give Tenno a challenge.

To the Corpus:

Because of the lack of need for it, Tenno teamwork is lacking. Though we appear in groups, we often ignore one another unless they are in need of medical attention, and that's only so we can have another to pull the gunfire. Some Tenno are fast, and others are slow. So what happens when you shut all of your doors and lock them without warning? You've just isolated the Tenno. Send in your forces then, attack the isolated Tenno, punish them for ignoring their comrades and focusing only on the pay for their mission. While the stranded Tenno die for being without their comrades, let the others feel the regret of their ignorance.

But don't be predictable about it. Be a little random, let it be a surprise. Oh, and please don't be so foolish as to allow the Tenno to use your little panels and immediately call off the lockdown. Still, I'm sure Lotus will be able to free them, eventually.

To the Grineer:

I've seen your clones hide behind their comrades with the large shields. So, you're capable of coordination and teamwork, it seems? Time to start acting like it. The moment your alarms go off, see to it that you form a blockade further down the Tenno's path. Catch them in areas where you have the advantage of cover and line of fire, while they run through a gauntlet of your bullets. Again, the aim here is to prevent us from running right past you. If we enter a room full of your armed forces, you force us to take cover, or die.

In case you didn't know, that's called an "ambush", gentlemen. Indeed, you Grineer seem quite capable of guerilla tactics. Try to catch us off guard. While running through an empty Grineer room, pop out of cover and open fire on the Tenno. That's sure to make anyone jump with fear.

To the Infested:

I met with at least one of you who was capable of conversation, here's to hoping you weren't the first, and the last. You're fast, you're strong, but you can't quite seem to catch us that well, can you? Easily we can outmanuever you and escape you, and while looking at your... Organic Landscaping... I can't help but wonder how those tentacles could be put to better use. Why, I had a nightmare once. A tentacle burst forth from the wall and snared one of my fellow Tenno, and he was helplessly shooting the tentacle holding him to no avail as the infected came and ripped his limbs off. Of course, maybe I could have helped him by shooting the tentacle as well, or chopping it off, but maybe you can take ideas from this? Grow a new evolution perhaps?

All the same as I said to the Corpus, keep it a surprise. That way, even informed Tenno will be caught by surprise, and in most trouble with the infested rushing to take advantage of the restricted Tenno.

To Everyone:

You could do a much better job at keeping track of us. When we are visiting a planet for the 20th consecutive time, where do you think we will be going next? Prepare. Perhaps if you went more On Alert as a Tenno remains in a given area, you could intercept them and possibly even catch them. How would you do this? Simple deception.

Picture this: A Tenno arrives on a planet, informed by Lotus that he is there to steal some documents. But guess what? Your documents were a dud. There's nothing to steal, and there's lots of elite, highly trained units ready to slaughter the Tenno for falling into their trap. At that point, the Tenno will have to escape, and possibly rethink staying in that part of space. And this was all possible due to the Tenno's repeat offenses in the area making him quite predictable and easy to catch.

And another thing: If your ship is on fire, you might as well use that to your advantage. Sure, your forces may get harmed as well, but when components of your ship are exploding, and the fire is spreading throughout the ship, you'll surely find the Tenno suffering as well. I say this because, and I'll be honest... When I see fire, I don't feel as threatened as I perhaps should be. If the fire gets out of control, there is something you could do in an emergency. Shoot the windows of the ship to let the oxygen escape. This will cause the fires to go out.

Edited by Commander5exy