The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think It's Time Boltor Prime Stops Rendering ~130 Weapons Obsolete

Stefanovich

I don't care much for the Boltor Prime being obscenely strong for most content, cause killing an enemy with 4000 damage or 2000 damage doesn't matter if the guy only has 1500 health. If anything, the only problem that it has is that it's insanely easy to use and has no skill involved. You can just hold down the button and move your targeting cursor across the screen and everything dies; compared to the Latron where you'd have to aim, click and repeat for every enemy. If the Boltor Prime didn't exist the Soma would be in the exact same position (And it was, anybody remember?), except it would be even harder to deal with higher end content without the Boltor's better scaling.

Dakra Prime doing stupid amounts of damage with Crimson Dervish? Dragon Nikana one-shotting everything with a slide attack? Those are fine because god bless you for running into a middle of powerful enemies and taking them on at greater risk to your life than standing in a corner and shredding them from a distance [safely].

I'd rather they get other weapons up to par first like the Silva & Aegis, Venka, the slew of automatic akimbo secondaries (Or really all of them), and daggers before trying to tackle the 'endgame'. Marelok and Brakk is all you hear about as far as strong secondaries go now a days, but there's plenty of perfectly viable primaries out there besides the Boltor Prime.

Also, does walking into T4 with a Boltor Prime really make it a piece of cake like everybody's making it out to be?

Edited by Draciusen

Also, does walking into T4 with a Boltor Prime really make it a piece of cake like everybody's making it out to be?

not really, its good for the first 25 mins and it falls off a bit after that, I've got 4 forma on it. roughly 32k DPS on my build and it starts getting noticeable.

I'd rather have the ability to walk into T4 missions with my fully forma'd Attica, Despair/Akstilletos, and Venka and last just as long as the guy with the Boltor Prime, Marelok and Dual Ichors. That is the Tenno dream.

I don't care if that guy if that guy is excessively strong and makes the game easy for himself, he's able to kill enemies reliably and I want to as well; without being pigeonholed into using his loadout if I want to stay because eventually the enemies get way too strong no matter how much I mod these weapons.

What good does making the Boltor Prime guy weaker if I still can't go past 25 minutes with the weapons I want to use? Now he can share in my misery as his weapons no longer do damage at 25 minutes instead of 35? How is that making the game better?

Edited by Draciusen

I think the bigger problem is that you can get a boltor prime, and a braton prime, more or less same farm time, boltor is vastly better in every what... except crit chance. Both weapons come stock with 0 polarities making the obvious better weapon a boltor, whereas some might be inclined to get a weapon with 2-3 polarity slots even if its somewhat bad. I mean look at the soma, it came in, almost free to make, 2 polarity slots and OP as hell (in its prime.... heheheh get it?.... anyways) when you have a weapon with a lower DPS level, give it some polarity slots to give players more of an interest, then we have weapons that can be good without mass farming and leave stuff like a boltor as a late game weapon that requires a lot more forma.

Couldn't even make it past page one of comments. Such negativity. I have a Boltor Prime and I don't even use it. I can't even seem to grasp why people say it's super powerful in the first place. Probably because I just suck at modding...which I won't deny. I perfer my Paris Prime, awyways.

(slightly off topic here: if anyone has a good anti-corrupted build for the Boltor Prime, would you mind telling me what it is? I can't seem to make this gun effective worth a damn.)

how about applying the mastery requirments of the market to being able to use the ones from teh void? boltor prime mastery rank 13 so it can be used.

uh yea no

don't understand why people say nerf boltor prime when latron prime has more dps.

not really, its good for the first 25 mins and it falls off a bit after that, I've got 4 forma on it. roughly 32k DPS on my build and it starts getting noticeable.

you can't have 32k DPs with 4 formas

Couldn't even make it past page one of comments. Such negativity. I have a Boltor Prime and I don't even use it. I can't even seem to grasp why people say it's super powerful in the first place. Probably because I just suck at modding...which I won't deny. I perfer my Paris Prime, awyways.

(slightly off topic here: if anyone has a good anti-corrupted build for the Boltor Prime, would you mind telling me what it is? I can't seem to make this gun effective worth a damn.)

this is what i use
Edited by xkillo32

I don't care much for the Boltor Prime being obscenely strong for most content, cause killing an enemy with 4000 damage or 2000 damage doesn't matter if the guy only has 1500 health. If anything, the only problem that it has is that it's insanely easy to use and has no skill involved. You can just hold down the button and move your targeting cursor across the screen and everything dies; compared to the Latron where you'd have to aim, click and repeat for every enemy. If the Boltor Prime didn't exist the Soma would be in the exact same position (And it was, anybody remember?), except it would be even harder to deal with higher end content without the Boltor's better scaling.

Dakra Prime doing stupid amounts of damage with Crimson Dervish? Dragon Nikana one-shotting everything with a slide attack? Those are fine because god bless you for running into a middle of powerful enemies and taking them on at greater risk to your life than standing in a corner and shredding them from a distance [safely].

I'd rather they get other weapons up to par first like the Silva & Aegis, Venka, the slew of automatic akimbo secondaries (Or really all of them), and daggers before trying to tackle the 'endgame'. Marelok and Brakk is all you hear about as far as strong secondaries go now a days, but there's plenty of perfectly viable primaries out there besides the Boltor Prime.

Lol not really. 

On another note, I don't understand why people make out these weapons to be godly. They are good. That's it. End of discussion. Everyone makes out things better than they are.

uh yea no

don't understand why people say nerf boltor prime when latron prime has more dps.

You have to hit headshots to put up those numbers, whereas you can just spray wildly with a BP and still pull even.

Lol not really. 

On another note, I don't understand why people make out these weapons to be godly. They are good. That's it. End of discussion. Everyone makes out things better than they are.

You can say whatever you want about it. It doesn't change the fact that its stats are out of line for its weapon type and tier. 

Edited by vaugahn

why does it make other weapons obsolete?

dont you play with whatever you like best anyway?

my boltor prime is eating dust, sure it has a decent damage but i would rather use my mitter, flux rifle, Dera, Boar or whatever i feel like at the moment because the other guns are more fun.

Exactly, same here I don't really use my boltor because I prefer other guns.

nerf cryers always sound the same: ''this guy gets more kill than me must nerf his gun''

Don't like it ? don't use it ! why try to remove it from every one else who likes it ?

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

You have to hit headshots to put up those numbers, whereas you can just spray wildly with a BP and still pull even.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Latron_prime/t_30_23000000_132-4-5-133-6-5-134-7-5-137-2-10-140-3-5-141-1-5-150-0-10-159-5-5_150-8-141-6-137-14-140-9-132-15-159-9-133-11-134-11/en/2-0-15/

http://goo.gl/e3TB3Q

you were saying?

latron prime has around 4k more burst dps, but boltor prime has 1k more sustained dps

Edited by xkillo32

you were saying?

latron prime has around 4k more burst dps, but boltor prime has 1k more sustained dps

Wait, we are reading the same charts, right? 

Boltor Prime

13220.35 BURST DPS
8697.60 SUSTAINED DPS

Latron Prime
5587.76 BURST DPS
2982.37 SUSTAINED DPS

Those DPS are USELESS...TOTALLY USELESS in high level gameplays....my boltor only deals 400 or so dmg to heavy gunner in 40minute T4S...while paris prime has low dps....it kills much faster than my boltor prime...this thread should't be started....it should be " Nerf soma, boltor prime, latron prime" :D

Those DPS are USELESS...TOTALLY USELESS in high level gameplays....my boltor only deals 400 or so dmg to heavy gunner in 40minute T4S...while paris prime has low dps....it kills much faster than my boltor prime...this thread should't be started....it should be " Nerf soma, boltor prime, latron prime" :D

in that case mk1 needs a nerf to with the full rounded forma build

Wait, we are reading the same charts, right? 

Boltor Prime

13220.35 BURST DPS
8697.60 SUSTAINED DPS

Latron Prime
5587.76 BURST DPS
2982.37 SUSTAINED DPS

you should check the multishot box and the critical box

those do wonders

latron prime:

28532.38 burst dps

15228.64 sustained dps

boltor prime: ( not including criticals cause those don't really matter)

25118.47 burst dps

16525.31 sustained dps

Edited by xkillo32

you should check the multishot box and the critical box

those do wonders

Oh my bad, that just made all the numbers way bigger. There's another problem to cover, but this isn't a thread about multishot. 

I'm still seeing the BP put up larger numbers, and you still don't have to aim with it. Carry on.

As I've stated, no reason to nerf it. End of story. Many others feel the same way. Just because a weapon can tolerate high level enimies, doesn't mean NERF NERF NERF IT NERF IT WITH FIRE.

Oh, that's not why it needs to be toned down. If it could just handle high level enemies that would be no problem. There are lots of weapons that can handle high level enemies and don't need to be nerfed.

The problem is that in PvE, balance is measured in terms of relative power and risk versus reward. A weapon has to feel viable compared to other weapons in its tier, and high-risk weapons have to give higher rewards. That's pretty much how it goes. The reason the Boltor Prime is a problem is because it breaks both of those principles, by a significant margin no less.

It doesn't even need to be nerfed with fire. A simple 10-point reduction to its impact damage would more than suffice. Maybe a small fire rate decrease, but that's not really important. 

Oh my bad, that just made all the numbers way bigger. There's another problem to cover, but this isn't a thread about multishot. 

I'm still seeing the BP put up larger numbers, and you still don't have to aim with it. Carry on.

you don't have to aim with the latron prime either,but if you do it will pump out alot more dps