The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi There

greywolfsif3050

I am brand spanking new to this game.  I just started yesterday.  I like what I have seen so far, however I am a bit overwhelmed trying to learn everything.  Should I be playing solo right now?  I have been doing public, but most of the time I am lagging behind and the other guys are doing most of the killing.  I am having issues navigating the maps I have played so far.  I am having fun though.  I definitely want to find a good "beginner's guide" to show me the ropes.  Do I have to join a clan to get the most out of the game?  Hope not,  I am already a member of 2 guilds for other games. :p

ok im going to try to answer everything you just asked

1) beginners guide

its a bit outdated but still good to watch

2)you can join a clan if you want but its not mandatory

3) The best people on youtube for warframe are mike b and mogamu (in my opinion)

Hope this helps you get into the game more

Edited by knightNeet

You do not "need" a clan, the clans have some things that are exclusive of them but you need to be at least mastery rank 4 to get them and you could get invited to a clan dojo, copy the researched items and leave said dojo.

As for a begginers guide, I don't thnk theres one updated here on the forums. There is the Player Helping Players subforum where you could ask any queston, the communuty is usually very fast on the responses.

I'd recommend to check the warframe wiki, mostly the http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0'>Damage 2.0 section wich should help you undestand weaknesses and resistances of the enemes you'll be facing.

Edit:

Oh! And welcome to the game and forums!

Edited by xlraistlx

i like to support F2P games I enjoy.  I am thinking of getting a Warframe, who should i get?

To be honest, you're better of farmng them, is a great base of the game (which is a grindfest) and you'll be missing some of the experience.

That being said, why don't you tell us what would you expect on a warframe?

The answer aside, I'd say frames that are work the plat are Volt, Loki and Excalbur. The why is in each frame need a slot (20plat) and, this is not "obligatory" a Reactor (20plat) and they three costs 75plat, so you're paying 35 for the grind as a bought frame comes with a reactor and slot.

hi there !

excal is pretty balanced everywhere in the game :) you don't have really "role locked" frames, and in 90% of the missions, power are unecessary. just play the frame you like :)

solo is a bit hostile these days though, if i were you, i would take peeps from your guild in your other game, and take them here. it s way more fun tp start the game with 3 other beginners :)

the only thing that you have to understand is the real pace of the game, in term of progression. this is slow. very very slow. absolutely not like the gameplay. in 1hours you ll accomplish nothing, in 10hours it will start too look like something :)

i hope you ll like it !

Edited by kimahn

i am really liking Ash.   Although, his smoke screen does not last long at all.  I may be doing something wrong or just need to level more.  I got the Paris bow last night from the market and it is extremely fun to play with.  I love how I can kill multiple enemies with one arrow if they stack up just right.  Each night I play the game the more I am loving it.