Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actually Interesting Boss Fights.

EchoLG

I've been asking for better boss fights for a long time XD

Made a long list of possible improvements to bosses here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/20276-bosses-a-redesign-for-u8/#entry180014

Vor-First boss, I think he can be nice and easy. Let the noobs have peace.

Jackal-Already the single most interesting boss. He's good for now.

Vay Hek-The duplicates are a good start, but what if he could (and frequently did) teleport switch with his doubles? They could spread out over the map, taking cover and maybe shotgun sniping spots, and whenever you get Hek cornered, BAM! switches out. You'd have to cover his doubles (total doubles = party total-1) or just kill them off, but he can spawn more if he's not at his max after a short cooldown.

Nef Anyo-No more stunlock! In addition, he should summon some Moas and ride on them. Close in on him, he calls a Shockwave and a regular Moa over, the Shockwave keeps you busy while he hitches a ride, sniping you the whole time. Maybe he has some invulnerable shielding and you need to get to a console and hack a Leech Osprey or two to drain them, which he'll shoot down eventually.

Golem-Splits. Half health, he splits into two extra fast Golems, half HP. That not enough? When the little Golems get to half, they split too.

Hyena-Nerf him by about a thousand percent. Then make it a pack fight, like Lotus says it should be. *Evil grin*

Ambulas-Make him a flaming melee beast. Low health, low shileds, fast as a Roller and lit on fire. Constantly spewing flames, should probably blind you if you get too close. Lure him to a frozen lake to have him melt it and gain a temporary reprieve.

I like the Golem splitting idea. And Nef Anyo riding Moas sound hilarious XD

• 2 weeks later...

i don't agree with the idea, considering most bosses do have unique features and attacks. But i don't believe posting your opinion deserved a downvote on your reputation, so i made it back to 0.

So i was given -4 for giving him a +1? im confused at how the reading community on this thread works exactly :P Do you people even read the post before jumping the gun? atleast 21 people ACTUALLY read his post and gave feedback. Most read "i dont agree with the idea" and instantly became hostile. GG's to yas lol

So i was given -4 for giving him a +1? im confused at how the reading community on this thread works exactly :P Do you people even read the post before jumping the gun? atleast 21 people ACTUALLY read his post and gave feedback. Most read "i dont agree with the idea" and instantly became hostile. GG's to yas lol

Welcome to online forums. Enjoy your stay. *sigh*

This reminds me of how the Hyena is described as a pack but you only fight one and I kept thinking it would be multiple enemies but super tough ah well. would be extra interesting if you took one down it went into downed state and one of the other Hyena could pick it up.

Bosses should be more interesting, i agree. For example the Nyx boss could split in two faster one when he has lower than half hp and in 4 when they have less than 50% also. Tyl Regor (i think that is his name, the boss for Ash) could have some turrets near him that regenerate after they are destroyed to add to the challenge and after he is lower than 50% hp 2 shield bases should appear that you have to destry before killing him. And these are just out of the top of my head.

Transforming bosses is something I haven't yet seen done in this game. They could even do stuff like bosses having different states based on the attacks used against them like how in Monster Hunter some bosses in a frenzied state use new attacks.

Well, Phorid is also a nice boss to fight.

You have to know his skills in order to beat him.

The jackal of course is very fun, and you're right, there should be more like him.

What about the Sedna and Ceres bosses? They seem nice.

The jackal of course is very fun, and you're right, there should be more like him.

Phorid is NOT a fun boss to fight. Both its unavoidable scream attack and the homing psychic bolts are extremely cheap.

The Jackal is fun the first few times around. Then it turns into a reversed stunlock when you get good enough gear to tear down its legs in seconds.

Kela de Thaym (Sedna) just spams Rollers. Not fun at all.

No comment on Lech Kril (Ceres) though. Not enough info to say (haven't fought him myself).

Sadly to date, almost all the bosses are around the 

"DoT to prevent shield from regenerating - > proceed to murder"

Only the jackal was interesting, but after getting a powerful enough weapon...

EAT THAT STUNLOCK!

Edited by BadlandsHyena

Phorid is NOT a fun boss to fight. Both its unavoidable scream attack and the homing psychic bolts are extremely cheap.

The Jackal is fun the first few times around. Then it turns into a reversed stunlock when you get good enough gear to tear down its legs in seconds.

Kela de Thaym (Sedna) just spams Rollers. Not fun at all.

No comment on Lech Kril (Ceres) though. Not enough info to say (haven't fought him myself).

I like Kela and Lech,  two chalanging bosses, soloed both, 2nd is alot harder then first, more hard bosses!

Not really.

I could literally circle strafe him with charged melee attacks for the entire boss fight and hardly take a hit to health on his screams.

And that was literally just my first time fighting him.

After playing some harder level type battles, I found something rather interesting:

-How come Jackal was the boss that felt like one? And Jackal was more of a standard-type bosses in other games.

- To be honest, Jackal felt fun only a few times.

- We need bigger and bad-&#! bosses. These other bosses feel cheap, tacked-on, or not unique, than Jackal and his AI.

- Most other bosses has Shields on steroids, one boss in particular: Hek.

- Kela de Thaym sets a better example of restoring shields in a set interval or have an reasonable recharge rate.
      - Kela de Thaym; however, who spawns Rollers in a insane rate which is annoying when your trying to kill her with ease while soloing.

- Reduce the rate of spawning Rollers, or set a limit.

- Some bosses just spam skills over, and over. It's quite annoying. They need to have more variety of skills.

- Hyena... needs to learn how to climb on walls. This makes the boss battle more interesting than a Moa AI.

- Ingested bosses... Hek (get it?), there's an hanger room that a ship is stationed there. Couldn't an infested boss would be like a big-&#! monster, that requires players to hit certain weak points to expose it's weak point for a set time?

- Stalker was more awesome than these wet-donut bosses; excluding Jackal of course. The problem about stalker, is sometimes he glitches himself and stay in one area too long before attacking. Stalker however, is not really placed well when it said that you killed someone that you have not encountered yet. Maybe put him after the players kill Vor first, and Stalker would send a hacked message saying that's he's coming for you when your not expected?

- What am I saying is that... we need bigger, badder bosses. Observe at two 3rd person shooters that create those bosses: Lost Planet 1 and 2. It feels like the Tenno only taking out the trash...and not targets that would affect the system where it can change drastically.

As done as it is, shooting at weakpoints that are shiny are tried and tested fun... :) Also, more could be done with sequencing in the fights, as has been said the Jackal fight is great for that reason.

- Or there could be more robot bosses, BIGGER robots, and then when you destroy them the pilot pops out and you have an epic melee fight with them... There could be a massive robot with multipurpose arms that you shoot off, like a launcher arm, a traction beam arm, shield generator component that you could only get at by reducing the shields, which could be done really efficiently with electric weapons, or the Volt or there could be electricals around the room that you could blow to smash the shields down.

- Or the squishy vulnerable boss guy could be remote controller a near invincible robot... 2 options here, if you have a stealth guy you could hunt down the squishy dude, and he would ONLY be able to be found by stealth players. Otherwise you could take down the robot...

- Really, really fast boss that you would have to trap in a field to take them down.

- Melee only / centered boss fights - involve the blocking mechanism more, maybe have a "counter-attack" move that you could use just before enemies strike you, could also have that as a counter-counter when you have a charge attack going on.

- Boss pack - like an elite squad of 4, with rocket packs or something. You could disable the rocket packs and take them to the ground, but there would be platforms and things that the Tenno could run up on and "sky fight"... wall running off walls... The bosses wouldn't fly too fast, but they could do things like bombing runs and AOE ground strikes.

- Spawning ammo drops is something else that could contribute to better boss fights, there would be more strategy there, however that is also part of the "bullet sponge" status of the bosses..

*pant*pant*pant*.....

Sedna boss really needs a rework, but it's harder said than done even as a concept. The rollers aren't nearly as annoying as they are painted, unles you stand directly infront of her, but that's the problem - it needs to be turned from "bulletsponge that makes you keep unaccessible ground" to "A boss, that has it's own mechanics of defeat". I tould take making her map more flat and rollable and giving her rollers, that are easier to actually dodge or something... Or maybe rollers, that pounce at you and explode, and are deployed in a salvo of three in some time, and, maybe, always deal big damage to her? Or maybe her ability to regain shields could be changed, so that she couldn't move and would be knocked over easily, but had about five bulletspongy grineer balls of misery roll around her, preventing any melee damage until she regains shields, which she will do no matter if she's shot at or not, so that constant fire could at best freeze her in place? 

Edited by GTG3000