Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deciding On A Warframe

AsperKaos

Question

I just started playing Warframe a few days ago and I am thoroughly enjoying it from the missions, to the whole setting, to all of the different weapons and warframes that are available. I am disappointed at seeing how outrageous the platinum prices are for everything, so I will more than likely have to get new items and warframes through grinding; therefore, I am trying to plan out how I spend my credits so I don't waste 15,000+ on a blueprint I won't need. I have spent a few hours looking over all of the weapons and warframes and I would very much appreciate input from people who have actually used the warframes I am leaning towards and maybe input about warframes I haven't considered. I have only been playing solo so far (but I really want to play with other people), so the warframes I have mainly been considering are the Trinity and Nyx, with the Ember and then Rhino/Frost being somewhat considered as a possibility. The weapons that pique my interest are the shotgun, the Kraken pistol, and the Mire sword. Finally, I currently use the Mag.

10 answers to this question

You know, I was actually considering Banshee as my first choice because it says it can go support and offensive, but then I pushed it out of the rankings once I saw its abilities. What makes Banshee a good recommendation?

Excal is great, but his parts drop from the Pluto boss, so you would be waiting a while before you can consistently farm for his blueprints. Plus his Plat price is so cheap anyway.

Frost is a great solo frame, and great all around. His boss is, as well, kind of far out, so a sort of similar problem to Excal.

Rhino would be a good choice since his parts drop from Jackal on Venus. Easy to get to, not a hard boss and usually plenty of people farming there.

Trinity drops from the Earth boss who can be sort of annoying, but you'll likely acquire a lot of rubedo over the course of farming him, of which you'll need plenty anyway to manufacture the warframe parts.

Too bad you chose Mag, because the boss that drops her parts is by far the easiest one in the game, and his level is less of a dungeon crawl than most others. :p

Technically the frames that are obviously peaking at usefulness (IMO) are the ff:

Excalibur, Rhino, Mag, Nyx, Frost

Basically, their utility skills (less much so on Mag's - xept maybe when paired up with Cali vs Bosses) is phenomenal. Other frames are viable, but the above five are probably the ones that I think shine the most currently.

Actually, the only one right now that's exhibiting a lot of problems is Ember basically because the only thing she does is damage.

Weapons you're going to put a keen eye on:

Primary

Hek - Shotty

Don't really use ARs that much, so I'll let others do it

Hek is just fun for me..

Secondary

Akbolto - Versatile

Bronco - Side-Shotty

Lex - Snipe

Akbolto is prolly everyone's favorite weapon right now. It's too good to pass up because of how its extremely viable on every faction.

Bronco is actually a pretty strong side shotty whos power is only exceeded by the Hek shotgun primary

Lex is a sharpshooter's pistol. It might not deal the same amount of damage, but its close. And the fact that its ammo cap is 200 as vanilla and its ammo drop isn't as rare as the Snipertron's make it a very viable substitute for a sniper rifle.

Melee

Scindo - Heavy

Dual Heat Swords - Fast

Amphis - Balance

Basically you'll look at Scindo and DHS for their charge damage potential. Scindo charges longer, but it deals a heck ton of damage. DHS is viable on both its charge and normal attack, esp, against infected. Though, if you're just there to use some melee against infected, methinks the new Mire blade is the right thing to get, but I haven't seen it much.

Edited by denmax

In my Opinion, Trinity, Nyx and Loki are the strongest Frames atm, due to theyr utility which beats damageskills at later levels.

Trinity: can generate Energy from Energy: mean with right mods u spend 35 Energy and gain 100.

This Energy can be used to get infinite immortality or healing.

Nyx: Can Reflect Damage with her ulti and has the best crowd-controle ingame

Loki: Teleport, Invisibility and a Decoy

Well Weapons, shotgun in mainhand due to the fact that u use ur riflemods for ur wyrmpet. And due to the fact that u use a shotgun u should consider to get the Lex-Pistol (Sniperpistol) to have a balanced loadout.

I have to say I really like Frost (what I am currently using), because he has a defensive ability which is good for the defense missions, and also plenty of offense (his first ability is a little underpowered though). Overall though, he's pretty good. I use vitality and redirection to make it have way better health and shields and he's pretty much a damage sponge with good attacks.

You know, I was actually considering Banshee as my first choice because it says it can go support and offensive, but then I pushed it out of the rankings once I saw its abilities. What makes Banshee a good recommendation?

Sonic Boom can push things away, it's not that bad. Just think of it as utility rather than damage. Sonar is amazing, Banshee will cast it and in an AoE around her enemies will have orange spots lighted up on their bodies. Shooting or hitting the spots will result in massive amounts of damage, I'm talking like 5x damage or along those lines. I don't have Banshee myself, but this is my experience from playing with a dude who does. Silence is meh. Sound Quake has a much much farther range than all the other Ults right now, think of it as roughly double a maxed out Overload/Avalanche/Crush with the maxed out Reach mod. Assuming Sound Quake is also maxed and you're using a maxed Reach. It's super good and has potential to do even more damage than that.