Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend Not Currenly In A Game Session

cptncoconut

Question

Couldn't find any threads related to this topic, so I deeply apologize if this has already been posted on. My friends and I play over vent and we're constantly in missions helping one another. However, randomly I'll get the message "Friend not currently in a game session" when attempting to join a session, when I know for an absolute fact that the friend is A) In a group with an open slot and B) In a mission.

I'm not sure if it's related to the Strict NAT problem, but I'll say it's possible because a roommate plays Warframe on the same network. However, our router is configured for port forwarding as directed, and we always port forward to the first logged-on computer as directed in the error popup. We know we have done this correctly, as neither of us get the "Strict NAT" error after we double check the settings and can play without problems. Unfortunately, we'll both randomly get the subject error without warning or any sign of a fix.

None of our friends we play with have this problem, and both of us never have it simultaneously. Usually, we end up having to wait until an update as closing the program and reopening does nothing. When it occurs, it will even instantly boot us from online games that we host as well as hosted by others as soon as we join. Also when it occurs, the same message comes up for everyone in our contacts and clan, and will even bar people from accepting our invites, sitting them in front of the same error. Soloing works, but greatly limits what can be done within game. If anyone else has encountered this issue, we would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

Sometimes the system derps. Relogging usually solves that issue, and in cases like yours where it doesn't I'd contact support.

In the past it happened to me as well, and the tech team walked me through how to send them specific parts of my game data that would help them identify the problem.

Edited by Cakes