Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Bladestorm

slicshuter

Question

Quick query: So I was doing a defense mission and there were a whole load of infested so I used bladestorm, but I only teleported and hit about 6 enemies, even though I have the ability fully maxed out. There were still enemies left right next to me. Why didn't I hit them as well? It says on the wiki that you can hit up to 12 enemies when fully maxed out.

4 answers to this question

Did the enemies appear later, or were they already there?

Because I think Ash's Blade Storm does not hit enemies that aren't in the immediate vicinity. I'm not too sure as I have never had much of a problem when using Ash, although I did add in Reach to further the range of the skill.

If you weren't the host, that's why. Blade Storm is violently allergic to any kind of lag, so there's that.

Just to clarify what Reinshiki said, the range is variable. Meaning, the range changes as you attack each enemy. It travels with Ash, so as long as there are enemies around you can chain it. To make this.. make more sense, if Ash is in range of Enemy A and uses Blade Storm, he'll teleport to Enemy A and attack. If Enemy A is in range of Enemy B but out of the original starting point, Ash will still teleport to Enemy B. If Enemy C was out of range of Enemy A but in range of Enemy B then Ash will teleport and attack Enemy C after B. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Basically, Ash can technically have an infinite range provided there are enemies present.

The impression I got from using bladestorm is that it 'tags' the other 11 enemies it's going to kill besides the first target the moment you start the skill, but if one of the tagged enemies goes out of the range then ash can't kill him and the skill stops there :/

But it's only an impression, I really don't have any hard proof to back this up, though I can say that I used it on a small group of enemies and after it killed those, it seemed to ignore other enemies that walked in range a couple seconds later.