Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe Should I Go For?

Kaisser

Question

I started with Loki, so i already have my stealth character. I also have planned to get Nyx someday. But my problem is with my third slot. I want to have some kind of caster, i thought in frost because he has good skills and its a tank for an extra, but i heard tanks are bad in this game maybe? So i'm starting to consider Ember or Volt, as well as Frost.

What do you think its the best option?

6 answers to this question

Tankers are far from being bad. It mostly depends if you actually use their skills.

If you want a Caster type Warframe however, Volt would be the better option for instant damage and some minor support skills(Electric Shield) and the self-buffing Speed skill.

Ember if you prefer Damage Over Time or something flashy.

Frost if you prefer disruptive skills like Freeze, Snow Globe for protection and speed drop in enemies, Ice Wave for a straight line and Avalanche for huge crowds.

My personal choice would be Volt due to his Speed and Shock skills.

Statistic wise, Frost would be your best bet if you're one of those people who like slow but capable heavy hitting characters.

Volt and Ember are pretty much the same, just with different skill sets. Edit: But IIRC, Volt has more Armor than Ember.

Edited by Reinshiki

I just got done building my Frost, barley ranked up to 6 along with a new Scindo so even slower, hah. So far, though I am enjoying frost, I will gather credits to further increase my shields, only at 380 right now. I wanted to go Nyx or Ash also. It depends on which mods you use, you could tank but maybe just for aggro and some damage, but I guess that is most suite for when farming bosses.

If you're looking for a powerful caster Volt is a better option than Ember in my opinion. His Shock and Ultimate abilities are great for crowd control especially on Corpus missions, Speed makes traversing maps or getting out of sticky situations easy, and shield provides great support for yourself or your teammates if you get into a bit more than you bargained for. Ember isn't as versatile with purely damage based abilities, and personally I find her a bit underwhelming to play with because Fireball isn't all that effective and her Ultimate is powerful when levelled up but doesn't seem to take out the numbers or look as visually impressive as Volt's.